Breaking news from the DRA

Started by Kerry Mike, July 21, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on February 27, 2009, 04:47:42 PM
I would say there will have been a few eyebrows raised at the suspension being increased.

its a good thing he doesn't raise his eyebrow

SidelineKick

Mods!  Could you please ban Milltown for posting indecent images.  Children can access this forum.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ddc1990

Not sure I agree with the increse. Yes it will discourage people from appealing ban's in the future, but he doesn't miss any extra games, so its a bit pointless. 8 weeks is harsh, just taking in the "grabbing" incident. However if they were taking into account his actions throughout the game, including the mouthing and punching Marc Ó Sé then by all means, increse the ban.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 27, 2009, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 27, 2009, 01:36:16 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 27, 2009, 01:30:05 PM
Yeooow!

Maybe this is what is needed to put a stop to this appeals culture.

So your happy different players can get different suspensions for the exact same offence? That seems a fair and consistent way to treat players.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Thats the second time you used this line. You also used it in relation to inconsistent use of video evidence. So what your saying is Tyrone should be happy that one of their players is being picked out by video evidence even though its rarely used in the league and the 1st time this year, should be happy that their player is the 1st ever to get 6 weeks for this offence (and possibly any offence) and first county were a suspension has been increased on appeal. Its all ok to be treated differently to other counties and precedents set because 2 wrongs dont make a right? Ive no problems with the suspension its the 6 weeks thats the problem.

INDIANA

He should have got 6 months he should be happy with 6 weeks. I can't understand your problem on this.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: INDIANA on February 27, 2009, 06:24:31 PM
He should have got 6 months he should be happy with 6 weeks. I can't understand your problem on this.

I cant understand how you cant understand the problem. 3 cases of very a similar nature. In 2 (and probably more) cases the players get 4 week bans and thus surely settting a precedent. In this place the player gets a 6 week ban. How is that fair? Surely you have to treat all players equally and be consistant. And as for the 6 months statement I'm hoping your having a laugh.

INDIANA

grabbing someone by the testicles and spitting in their face. If thats only 4 weeks suspension then its a new low in the game.

pintsofguinness

f**king brillant! :D  :D  :D

Another appeal will be a bigger laugh!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mike Sheehy

Quotegrabbing someone by the testicles and spitting in their face. If thats only 4 weeks suspension then its a new low in the game.

Exactly, he got off lightly. If he appeals again they should double it again until he gets the message that his shitetalking and general thuggery are not an acceptable part of Gaelic football. He has been getting away with it too long. Its good the DRA finally took a stand.

red hander

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 27, 2009, 07:32:16 PM
Quotegrabbing someone by the testicles and spitting in their face. If thats only 4 weeks suspension then its a new low in the game.

Exactly, he got off lightly. If he appeals again they should double it again until he gets the message that his shitetalking and general thuggery are not an acceptable part of Gaelic football. He has been getting away with it too long. Its good the DRA finally took a stand.

He didn't spit in anybody's face ... and if you're talking 'general thuggery', does that include attacking the referee, wasp or not?

Puckoon

The only thing that a stand is being taken against or indeed highlighting is the stupidity of the rulebook, and the implementation of the rules and suspensions.

If the board had have originally given him an appropriate suspension with precedent set by other incidents, the issue wouldnt happen.

Where does it make it acceptable for them to just decide to tack on an extra 2 weeks to his suspension? Makes no sense, and while I am no fan of appeals and so on - the disciplinary side of the GAA is laughable disgrace.

They are only bringing it on themselves.

red hander

Quote from: Puckoon on February 27, 2009, 07:41:09 PM

The only thing that a stand is being taken against or indeed highlighting is the stupidity of the rulebook, and the implementation of the rules and suspensions.

If the board had have originally given him an appropriate suspension with precedent set by other incidents, the issue wouldnt happen.

Where does it make it acceptable for them to just decide to tack on an extra 2 weeks to his suspension? Makes no sense, and while I am no fan of appeals and so on - the disciplinary side of the GAA is laughable disgrace.

NAIL ON HEAD

leenie

he should just accept it now... and lets all move on from it

learn from our mistakes...

its getting rather tiresome now
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

INDIANA

Quote from: Puckoon on February 27, 2009, 07:41:09 PM

Any county board with any sense of what the game represents would have taken their punishment.

Puckoon

Thats another issue perhaps and I agree that in a situation where suspensions were water tight and pre determined, that would be fine and well.

Any organisation with any sense would have proceedures in place to ensure that this kind of circus didnt happen.