Breaking news from the DRA

Started by Kerry Mike, July 21, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I've always held the view that his only chance was going to the DRA and arging on a technicality - going to an an appeals porcess within the GAA was always going to fail as they simply had to stand by thier original decision whether it was right or wrong.

furboot

rumour and chat going around that he may get off on technicality that the ref never actually showed the red card but that can't be the case - surely ???? though stranger things have happened !!! checked it on youtube and not clear as ref is out of shot but there was a clear pointing off from the him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raDBPABAN-8&feature=related

kevmy

I think it would be pretty shocking if he got off on a technicality.

I hate this kind of weasely attempt to get out of a ban. Fair enough if you make a case like M O'Sé where a genuine mistake was made by the ref in sending him off. He didn't deserve a ban.

Surely no one, including Galvin, can say he didn't deserve a ban (he could argue length of ban perhaps). So this is just twisting the truth in a cheap attempt to try to not make the rules apply to him. Christ Frank Murphy would be ashamed by it. If Galvin gets off on a technicality every game Kerry win during the period which he should be banned will be tainted in my opinion

Lecale2

The ref doesn't have to show a Red Card to send someone off. It depends what's in the refs report.

If he does get off I'd feel sorry for club refs up and down the country where there'll be no cameras or even nuetral umpires/linemen. It could be open season on pulling note books out of their hands & generally messing about.

paddypastit

Quote... I'd feel sorry for [club] refs up and down the country where there'll be no cameras or even nuetral umpires/linemen...

Isn't that a key point... forget about particular clubs or counties.  Isn't already the case that there is one law for the televised? I've heard it said that there was a 'brawl' in the Armagh Cork national league game on the same day, and in the same competition, as Dublin and Meath met in Parnell Park.  How many Cork / Armagh players were charged / suspended?

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Billys Boots

QuoteChrist Frank Murphy would be ashamed by it.

I seriously doubt that.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

More like he'd be glowing with approval and admiration alright :D

ONeill

I hear they're about to make a decision but are sorting out 'last minute technicalities'......3 months would be my guess.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Or else they are booking flights on lastminute.com, and skipping the country to spare themselves when Galvin walks out a free man.

meathie

yea I think 3 months too. They cant seriously let him off completely Im sure he wouldnt even want that. the whole thing is a farce. bring back the take your punishment and if you get away with it well lucky you, watch out in the next game!!  :P

Square Ball

from RTE

Wednesday, 23 July 2008 13:12
The Disputes Resolution Authority are expected to announce the outcome of Paul Galvi's appeal against his six-month ban at some stage today.

It was expected that the Kerry captain would find out this morning the result of his appeal against the suspension.

The DRA has delayed its decision to iron out a number of technicalities, but if all procedures have been followed, they will not interfere with the decision.

Galvin was hit with the suspension after he knocked referee Paddy Russell's notebook out of the official's hand in the Kingdom's Munster semi-final win over Clare.

The half-forward was infuriated after he was dismissed for two yellow card offences.

Should Galvin's suspension be reduced to three months he would be clear to play in any potential All-Ireland SFC final.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Maximus Marillius

Ye will all be wanting to have a read on the homepage once the decesion is announced

http://sportsdra.ie/

Owenmoresider

Liveline just had his mother on the show, this is just getting ridiculous now.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 23, 2008, 01:53:45 PM

Ah your joking Oms thats priceless next thing there will be copies of his national school reports in the press showling his full attendance and the like :D  didn't realaise Dr Mickey Loftus and Jarlath Burns were onthe Dra committee
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lecale2

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 23, 2008, 01:58:27 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 23, 2008, 01:53:45 PM

Ah your joking Oms thats priceless next thing there will be copies of his national school reports in the press showling his full attendance and the like :D  didn't realaise Dr Mickey Loftus and Jarlath Burns were onthe Dra committee

Who is on the DRA committee that decides these things?