Chilling indifference in Italy

Started by An Fear Rua, July 21, 2008, 02:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Yeah, Im not sure what you want people to do. It would be deeply saddening for anyone to see that but what can they do.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Yes I Would

Alot of people will react different in this sort of situation.
In that scenario, with or without children, id be packing up and heading home after the tragedy unfolded.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 21, 2008, 07:41:20 PM
In that scenario, with or without children, id be packing up and heading home after the tragedy unfolded.

Yes, it's hard to see how you'd go on ahead and enjoy your day. 

Would anyone here sit on a beach yards from two dead bodies without a care in the world?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 21, 2008, 08:39:31 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on July 21, 2008, 07:41:20 PM

Yes, it's hard to see how you'd go on ahead and enjoy your day. 

Would anyone here sit on a beach yards from two dead bodies without a care in the world?

It boggles the mind how anyone could do that.

Its bad enough when people stand around and gawk voyeuristically at some poor bastard who gets killed, but just sitting there with such callous indifference? Its not as if Italy is a war-zone where bodies lying undignified in the street is an everyday occurence.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on July 21, 2008, 08:59:05 PM
Its bad enough when people stand around and gawk voyeuristically at some poor b**tard who gets killed, but just sitting there with such callous indifference? Its not as if Italy is a war-zone where bodies lying undignified in the street is an everyday occurence.

But people do stand around and gawk voyeuristically at some poor b**tard who gets killed. All the time. Those people at the beach were of the attitude that there was nothing that they could do and pending the authorities coming along to sort it out they might as well get on with their precious day of rest and recreation. It's callous, but unless you're the Good Samaritan type who inquires after the health of every person you pass lying on the pavement, you can't be certain you'd behave any different

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on July 21, 2008, 11:13:52 PM
Its bad enough when people stand around and gawk voyeuristically at some poor b**tard who gets killed, but just sitting there with such callous indifference? Its not as if Italy is a war-zone where bodies lying undignified in the street is an everyday occurence.

But people do stand around and gawk voyeuristically at some poor b**tard who gets killed. All the time. Those people at the beach were of the attitude that there was nothing that they could do and pending the authorities coming along to sort it out they might as well get on with their precious day of rest and recreation. It's callous, but unless you're the Good Samaritan type who inquires after the health of every person you pass lying on the pavement, you can't be certain you'd behave any different

So you think you'd happily ignore two dead children and go about your business topping up your tan?
If anything out of respect for the two dead children the beach should have been closed down for the day,I certainly know i would not be able continue lying around eating my cornetto while two little kids lay dead beside me..Its a sick thought that anybody could if you ask me.
If these two kids were Irish there would be outrage on this board about the attitude of the other people on the beach
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyssam5

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2008, 11:24:22 PM
Quote from: deiseach on July 21, 2008, 11:13:52 PM

So you think you'd happily ignore two dead children and go about your business topping up your tan?
If anything out of respect for the two dead children the beach should have been closed down for the day,I certainly know i would not be able continue lying around eating my cornetto while two little kids lay dead beside me..Its a sick thought that anybody could if you ask me.
If these two kids were Irish there would be outrage on this board about the attitude of the other people on the beach

How do you know the people sitting there aren't the ones who went into the sea to rescue the kids?
How do you know they're not the ones who phoned the authorities and are waiting for them so they can give a statement?

Lads please remember this is the Daily Telegraph we are talking about, any chance to bash the 'Eyties' will be gleefully pounced on and I'm sure  a quick look through their archives will tell you a lot about their 'caring' attitude toward 'Roma' and other minority groups.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2008, 06:37:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 21, 2008, 03:34:02 PM
What happened Glasnevin?

Yeah what happened what I miss?

He made refference to GG like a can of stella from time to time as a bit of a joke and he got banned. bit harsh really, its not like he wanted innocenct Dublin kids crushed to death - Oh actually thats OK on this board!  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

ludermor

Tankie you are full of shit. If you think thats the reference to stella you may just be more stupid than i thought ( didnt think it was possible). And you explaining it like you did just show you up for being a complete idiot

Tankie

Quote from: ludermor on July 22, 2008, 09:17:40 AM
Tankie you are full of shit. If you think thats the reference to stella you may just be more stupid than i thought ( didnt think it was possible). And you explaining it like you did just show you up for being a complete idiot

But the death of Dublin Kids at a GAA match is ok as banter - cop yourself on!
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2008, 09:25:13 AM
Quote from: ludermor on July 22, 2008, 09:17:40 AM

But the death of Dublin Kids at a GAA match is ok as banter - cop yourself on!

Tankie, give it up, I'm embarrassed that you are a Dublin fan. The comments about the Dublin kids was wrong, but so was what Gnevin did.

If you have such an issue pm the mods and stop pissing on about it.
Ask me holy bollix

deiseach

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 22, 2008, 03:06:29 AM
Lads please remember this is the Daily Telegraph we are talking about, any chance to bash the 'Eyties' will be gleefully pounced on and I'm sure  a quick look through their archives will tell you a lot about their 'caring' attitude toward 'Roma' and other minority groups.

There seems to be plenty of outrage in Italy too, although that reflects a modern desire to beat yourselves up. One only has to witness the orgy of self-loathing that was unleashed in Austria by the Fritzl and Kampusch cases to see that people are only too willing to see their own country as being uniquely evil.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix