Burning DVDs...

Started by Our Nail Loney, July 21, 2008, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

What format do ya need to put video files from on your computer before they will be compatible in a dvd??

Don't think .avi is suitable is it?? I don't have a clue!

Have the latest series of scrubs downloading and want to watch it from the comfort of my dvd player and not sat in front of the computer!!

ziggysego

Isn't that illegal Nail Loney??

As far as I'm aware, most DVD burned software do this automatically. I use Ashampoo. Haven't tried it for viewing DVDs, but I'm told it does it.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Our Nail Loney

Did I say scrubs?? I meant I am transferring old home videos to dvd, my first communion etc!!

Aye I'll try that thing zig, cheers!

stevo-08

Do you have Vista?

If so, then simply use their "DVD Maker". Will transfer & burn almost any file including .avi files onto a DVD which can be watched on your dvd player. It does take a couple of hours but I find it very useful.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: stevo-08 on July 21, 2008, 01:43:00 PM
Do you have Vista?

If so, then simply use their "DVD Maker". Will transfer & burn almost any file including .avi files onto a DVD which can be watched on your dvd player. It does take a couple of hours but I find it very useful.

Na dont have vista unfortunaltely! Am just trying to getsome good sftware that will hopefully do everything for me!

Lar Naparka

You are using XP, right?
You will need an external software program to burn DVds, if that's the case.
CDBurnerXP is one such utility. You can google for it and it's free for personal use.
I got it from a cover disk that came with an edition of ComputerActive. I had tried Real player and Media Center previously without success.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 21, 2008, 02:06:31 PM
You are using XP, right?
You will need an external software program to burn DVds, if that's the case.
CDBurnerXP is one such utility. You can google for it and it's free for personal use.
I got it from a cover disk that came with an edition of ComputerActive. I had tried Real player and Media Center previously without success.

Cheers lar am gonna download that here now, see how she goes!

mylestheslasher

There are 2 issues here. 1) Do you want to burn stuff onto a DVD that you can look at on a pc again or 2) Do  you want it so your burned DVD will play on your TV's DVD player. If its 1 then you simply need  to use a a software burning program like Nero burning rom or something else. If it is 2 then it is slightly more complicated. You will need a piece of software that will convert your video files (.mpg or .avi etc) into a DVD format. A great website for buring all things DVD is www.dvd-guides.com. In particular you are looking for the following guide... http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/58/59/. You will need to download Winavi to do this, click this link to download http://www.dvd-guides.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,16/Itemid,92/. That should get you going.

gerry

i use total video converter to converter dvd's or downloaded films to watch on a ipod.

Download from the site and copy and paste register code to get full program.

http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/

register code is,

0ab52023-ba00347e-9fa86acd-fdc330a9-68578b7e-264b81e1-30bdfeef-cea403fa-20457e4a-39c03409-f69a9aba-388e8a94-677044c7-643fe9ac-66523c91-18a61801

any issues let me know
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Our Nail Loney

cheers will try when i get home from work

ONeill

I bought a dvd player yoke that plays AVIs as well as the norm. Worth the money - no transferring needed. You can pick them up now and again on ebay.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Our Nail Loney

Is it like a shifty dvd player or can you buy them above board!!!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: gerry on July 22, 2008, 08:22:30 PM
i use one of these for watching downloaded films, just copy films across to hard drive and plug it in to a tv.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0652125243.1216753919@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceiadeejghjhehcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&prev_results=no&page=MultibuyRouter&sku=792568&routerOperation=DGEAddToCart&category_oid=&calling_page=Product&coverplan_for=792568&installation_for=792568

Gerry,
will these play copied DVDs , ie the standard AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS structure with VOBs,BUP,IFO?
Is it an SVideo connection, what about the audio connection?
Its Grim up North