Luimneach v Cill Dara

Started by Dinny Breen, July 20, 2008, 07:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Both teams will be happy with this draw, Limerick will be strong favourites but Kildare will travel in confidence. If this a Saturday I will be raging as I have my daughters christening that day
#newbridgeornowhere

J70

Kildare will travel in confidence after what Limerick did to Meath (and almost did to Cork)?

Zulu

Limerick will be favourites but they aren't generally a big scoring team (I know Kildare aren't either) so I wouldn't put the house on them but they'll enjoy a significantly bigger support the next day and they will be highly motivated to win. So I think I'll go for them by 2-3 points.

Dinny Breen

Limerick threw away a game against a dis-interested Cork and beat a Meath that lost to the worst team ever to play in a Leinster Final. So after beating an Ulster team (seemingly the benchmark), why would't they travel in confidence? They are allowed have some belief you know.
#newbridgeornowhere

J70

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 20, 2008, 07:30:26 PM
Limerick threw away a game against a dis-interested Cork and beat a Meath that lost to the worst team ever to play in a Leinster Final. So after beating an Ulster team (seemingly the benchmark), why would't they travel in confidence? They are allowed have some belief you know.

That's a very positive-Kildare/negative-Limerick spin, but you may well be right. :)

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 20, 2008, 07:30:26 PM

Ahem. Wicklow?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThat's a very positive-Kildare/negative-Limerick spin, but you may well be right.

PMA  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteAhem. Wicklow?

Shut it, we're writing that out of the history books down here.

Jinxy,

Was in Limerick last night, you boys took your slagging well in the pubs afterwards... ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If I was in Limerick I would have taken my slagging well too. You wouldn't know who could be slagging you! :o
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2008, 07:54:50 PM
If I was in Limerick I would have taken my slagging well too. You wouldn't know who could be slagging you! :o

:D funny coz its true  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

Might as well post this here

Limerick won 2 games in Division 3, the last time they met competitively Kildare won by 11 points. Limericks attack is very dependent on one player, Ryan scored 3-7 against Meath, 5 points against Cork and 3 against Tipp. In fact Limericks points tally 8, 12 and 12 in three championship games is not very convincing.

I don't believe Kildare are as bad as people seem to think we are, we have better footballers than Limerick, what they lack is confidence and belief that is the only thing that will cause them to lose to what I see as very average Limerick team.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I'd agree to a certain extent Dinny, but I think Limerick's midfield may well be the difference here. Kildare could be said to over rely on Johnny Doyle as well, so the winning and losing of the game may well come down to possession. Kildare haven't convinced me thus far, and Cavan seem, in hindsight, to have been in a bit of disarray... I think Limerick might do it.

Dinny Breen

QuoteKildare could be said to over rely on Johnny Doyle as well, so the winning and losing of the game may well come down to possession

Not so much this year AZ, Alan Smith is a very cultured footballer and will get you scores and Pauric O'Neill has been a big loss and his return to fitness means he'll get scores too. Dermot very rarely loses midfield battles so I think we can win enough possession especially with Foley back from injury.

Everyone seems to ignore Limericks pitiful display against Tipp, a team Westmeath put to the sword, for all their dominance against a Meath side they still only scored 12 points and in three championship games have conceded 6 goals. If Kildare perform I think they will win, big big if mind.
#newbridgeornowhere

Denn Forever

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2008, 07:26:06 PM
Kildare will travel in confidence after what Limerick did to Meath (and almost did to Cork)?

Well they did beat one of the Kingpins of Ulster football, ignoring all our false signals.

Not that I'm bitter but I would like to see Limerick do well as I would always support the underdog.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dinny Breen

QuoteNot that I'm bitter but I would like to see Limerick do well as I would always support the underdog.

From PP

Limerick 4 - 6 15 - 2 6 - 4  Kildare           

So that's you supporting Kildare so  8)
#newbridgeornowhere