Donegal V Monaghan

Started by J70, July 20, 2008, 06:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Cheers J70. Now that we've overcame Derry (a game which most Monaghan gaels were weary of IMHO) we have somewhat rectified the problems of Brewster Park. Mid-field was very good on Saturday and I was particularly impressed with Eoin Lennon's ball distribution. Clerkin was as good as I've seen him this year also. The most important aspect though is that we have the hunger of 07 which is great to see. We got the lions share of break ball and got a good return from all our forwards. If the lads can keep that level of workmate I'd be pretty confident. There, I've just jinxed us and it only Monda!!

Galforever

QuoteA big worry is that Roscommon did very well at midfield yesterday

In fairness, Roscommon do have some very good midfielders (O'Neill & Karol Mannion)

timmyot501

Game is on Saturday at 5pm in Ballybofey. Not sure if I can make it so glad to hear it is on RTE 2.

Rossfan

Quote from: Galforever on July 21, 2008, 03:31:12 PM
QuoteA big worry is that Roscommon did very well at midfield yesterday

In fairness, Roscommon do have some very good midfielders (O'Neill & Karol Mannion)

O'Neill only came on at half time.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: timmyot501 on July 21, 2008, 04:16:06 PM
Game is on Saturday at 5pm in Ballybofey. Not sure if I can make it so glad to hear it is on RTE 2.
WARNING TO MONAGHAN FANS!

Leave early for the match. Tyrone v Westmeath is in Omagh 2 hours earlier - potential to get caught in 2 sets of match traffic, and we know what Omagh is like from last year!

J70

You might be better off spending the extra half hour to go via Donegal town then. Of course, then you'll have the south Donegal supporters traffic to cope with, but it'll probably be similar enough to the traffic coming in the Stranorlar side anyway.

thebandit

Is Monaghan - Enniskillen - Pettigo not the way to go?

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on July 22, 2008, 10:51:08 AM

It'll have to be the couch for me, have a new neighbour moving in and don't fancy leaving the house idle until he is settled in and I'm happy that he can be trusted  ;D  ;)

thebandit

You'll be sitting on your new patio by then bb

bingobus

Thats not a patio, its a underground secuirty bunker to monitor my neighbour.

A Toome man loves wrecking in a digger, thats for sure. Hope he can get the thing out or he'll be going cross gardens!!

J70

Quote from: thebandit on July 22, 2008, 10:51:08 AM

Omagh-Lifford would be shorter, but if the traffic is going to be clogged with Tyrone and Westmeath people around the Omagh area, you might be better off heading by Enniskillen-Pettigo-Donegal.

GrandMasterFlash

I would say hitting Omagh as close to 3pm is the best bet as most of the Tyr/WM traffic will have parked up at that stage... It's under an hour from Omagh which mean arriving in BB around 4ish. Time to get the tay, sangiches & Tayto in (ROI Tayto that is..) and sssshtraight up to the field...

Maguire01

It's important to note that those sangiches must include 'hang'.

armagh2002

Watched Monaghan against Derry, they were very impressive! I would favour Monaghan but no team gets an easy time of it in Ballbofey. Monaghan by 1

GrandMasterFlash

I have always wondered about the myth that is Ballybofey.. It always gets referred to as a 'cauldron', 'the lions den' etc. etc. Would anyone like to enlighten me as to why this is? Is is the physical size of the pitch, the proximity of the fans to the players etc.? I mean Omagh or Brewster Park are not the biggest pitched IMHO and don't fall under the same pseudonyms as Ballybofey? Thanks..