Donegal V Monaghan

Started by J70, July 20, 2008, 06:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Agreed, I don't know of any team that would want to draw Monaghan, well done today.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on July 27, 2008, 12:58:38 AM
It's no fluke to outplay both Derry and Donegal two years running.
Yes, i think we've proved that by beating these 2 quality teams again this year, that 2007 was no fluke. We're not worldbeaters by any means, but we're probably in the second batch of teams in the country. Anyway, great to be playing in August yet again - although it's close to interfering with holidays now!

INDIANA

great intensity and excoitement , standard was pretty good as well. monaghan look like they are on the way bacfk after woeful early season form. could get to the same stage as last year. Don't know where donegal go, so much talent , so little delivery.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

barstewarts, another year of no Championship football in August and September!  >:(
Tbc....

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 27, 2008, 09:49:29 AM
Yes, i think we've proved that by beating these 2 quality teams again this year, that 2007 was no fluke. We're not worldbeaters by any means, but we're probably in the second batch of teams in the country. Anyway, great to be playing in August yet again - although it's close to interfering with holidays now!

I was disgusted at your manager last week with all his goading from the sideline - however, upon reflection,  I have to admire him- he give pride back to wearing the jersey. Its a pity Derry players had not got the same pride and passion. Last week, mamagement decisions, team injuries and 2 points (declared wide) - defeated Derry. With a new manager, a summers enforced rest, monaghan are going to get a tanking from us. Good luck for the rest of the summer - as Monaghan are Ulster's best hope.

Maguire01

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on July 27, 2008, 12:11:29 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 27, 2008, 09:49:29 AM

I was disgusted at your manager last week with all his goading from the sideline - however, upon reflection,  I have to admire him- he give pride back to wearing the jersey. Its a pity Derry players had not got the same pride and passion. Last week, mamagement decisions, team injuries and 2 points (declared wide) - defeated Derry. With a new manager, a summers enforced rest, monaghan are going to get a tanking from us. Good luck for the rest of the summer - as Monaghan are Ulster's best hope.
Banty has more passion for Monaghan than the whole Derry team and management have for their county. That's a key factor and something to be admired. Just to clarify - what do you mean by 'goading'?
But as for Derry 'tanking' Monaghan any time soon? I can't see either team 'tanking' the other any time soon.

There was an interesting article in today's tribune about 'behind the scenes' issues in Derry with management and squad.

Oakleafer1993

yeah someone posted it over on the Derry forum. Explains alot. Who ever takes over needs to crack heads.
Goading is the wrong word - more encouraging the crowd and turning to them after the Monaghan victory.
Still think if we had McGoldrick and McGuckian we would have done better. Good luck against Kerry - lets hope your drive and passion wins the day.

Onion Bag

What age is that lad mc manus that plays for monaghan, he looks about 10
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thebandit

Manzie did some hitting for a wee fella.  Roper should be suspended for play acting

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on July 26, 2008, 06:44:04 PM
Best team won...Roper lay down and cost his team a draw. he has been diving his entire career and finally was caught. Ye would think he was shot..i have seen u12s hit harder.

roper coughed up the ball alright, but not coating his team the draw, he cost them the victory imo
he only had to play the ball into the unmarked man inside him earlier and Donegal were on the counter attack with loads of space - a point most def was there for the taking.
Thats a one point swing from defeat to victory.
If I was his team mate I'd fecking slap him

Main Street

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on July 27, 2008, 07:14:08 PM
Goading is the wrong word - more encouraging the crowd and turning to them after the Monaghan victory.
Still think if we had McGoldrick and McGuckian we would have done better. Good luck against Kerry - lets hope your drive and passion wins the day.
So far it's been drive, passion and also the better football that has won the day.

Banty apologised in the post match interview for his celebration after the final whistle against Donegal  :)

thebandit

There's a new dance craze sweeping the Fiddlers and the Forum...... do the Banty!!!

bingobus

Great win but can't help after watching yesterdays muck that an Ulster final was left behind this year. Didn't deserve to beat Fermanagh but have shown since that they played well below themselves that day for whatever reason.

Roll on Kerry and give them a good lash.

GrandMasterFlash

I don't know why Banty feels he has to apologise to anyone really? People by now know that passion the man has for Monaghan football. He lives and breathes it so he's entitled to get as excited (and look as silly..  ::)) as he wants!

Maguire01

Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
f**king p***k Rory Woods. Ref was worse for missing it.

Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2008, 06:36:36 PM
Rory Woods is a c**t. The point from his slap on Roper was the difference.

So, J70, do you owe Rory Woods an apology? I think it his been established that there was little or no contact and that Roper was acting the fool. The referee missed absolutely nothing - he was right in front of it and saw it for what it was.