Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

radio commentary I was listening to said it was a second yellow

corn02

It was a straight red I think.

If you want to see how good that ref is just read the Armagh thread for thye last year.

Some of the frees given against Tyrone in the first half hour were incredible. I joked before   hand that he wouldn't give Tyrone much and in the first half he took it to the extreme.

Second half he gave two very soft red cards to Westmeath. Second one was porbably ok but it was hardly a dig in the gob. Dooher was a bit of a spoon on it.

Tyrone's shooting was terrible, McGuigan and McGinley excluded.

Was it just me or us every match on TV3 depressing?

Tyrones own

No I didn't see the yellow either, he just seemed to show the red.
A win is a win but Sean will be massive loss going into next week, the games
don't get any easier from here on :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

QuoteIf you want to see how good that ref is just read the Armagh thread for thye last year.

And, imo, he's one of the better ones in Armagh (probably in the top 3).

Still think he was within his rights to abandon the St.Pats game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

I see the Mayo contingent here seem to be a tad perplexed over this result,
hoping to catch a handy one for next week perhaps ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Jinxy

The ref handled that game like he was looking over his shoulder the whole time. That's the inevitable fall-out from the Collie Moran thing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dodo

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 26, 2008, 04:50:45 PM

I see the Mayo contingent here seem to be a tad perplexed over this result,
hoping to catch a handy one for next week perhaps ;)

Sure we can do with all the handy matches we can get at this stage. Tyrone will be looking for a gimme in the draw like Mayo !

INDIANA

poor game, ref was poor as well. armagh ref for a tyrone game? hope the cavanaghs are ok. Sean would pretty much derail tyrone's hopes if he's absent. tyrone have never replaced stephen o neill and without him i think thier goose is cooked.

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2008, 04:48:48 PM
QuoteIf you want to see how good that ref is just read the Armagh thread for thye last year.

And, imo, he's one of the better ones in Armagh (probably in the top 3).

You would be on your own there so!

orangeman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 26, 2008, 04:27:50 PM
The ref is a disgrace to the GAA. First 50mins was as bias a performance against a team as i ever seen. He favoured westmeath in everything giving crazy decisions to glennon.
Then he goes and sends off healy for at most yellow card. The other incident wouldnt of happened.

Moral of the story that ref shouldnt be let ref a game ever again. And remember im a neutral.

One of the worst refereeing displays of all time !!!

Should never get another championship game - a reserve referee on a good day.

And what about that decision by the umpire to give a 45 just after half time ???  >:( >:( >:( >:(

INDIANA

the sending offs were the only thing he got right. that 45 was a disgrace though, can only assume the umpire was from armagh.

tyroneboi

Tommy McGuigan i thought was superb today and Brian was pretty decent in the first half as well. The red cards were jusified - first was 2 yellows i think and in the second one you cant go punching people in the stomach so he had to go. Dont believe Dooher went down easily as some people are suggesting on here. Dont see the same uproar about Roper anywhere on the board about how he rolled around on the floor like he was shot in the Donegal-Monaghan match when he was barely touched.

Wouldnt mind whoever we get in the next round now to be honest.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2008, 05:48:25 PM
the sending offs were the only thing he got right. that 45 was a disgrace though, can only assume the umpire was from armagh.

What was the first Westmeath player sent off for ? Can anybody shed some light on it ?

Westmeath were going well and the sendings off simply turned the game in Tyrone's favour - Tyrone never looked troubled after the sendings off. Dooher had a horse of a game but Tommy did the damage on the scoreboard and therefore was MOM - PJ was in all sorts of trouble with Glennon - PJ's cause wasn't helped by the referee who gave Westmeath everything that was going up intil the sendings off. Justin did a great job on him - Ricey was excellent - back to his best.

INDIANA

westmeath were never at any stage going to win that game. they simply don't score enough, they got at least 5 frees that no other ref would have given and a goal from wing back out of 1-7. outstanding defence but not enough up front. healy got done for 2 yellows and the 2nd one was definitely a yellow. if they could get 2 more forwards they could be a force. but without them they'll always be short.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2008, 05:56:25 PM
westmeath were never at any stage going to win that game. they simply don't score enough, they got at least 5 frees that no other ref would have given and a goal from wing back out of 1-7. outstanding defence but not enough up front. healy got done for 2 yellows and the 2nd one was definitely a yellow. if they could get 2 more forwards they could be a force. but without them they'll always be short.

I'd love to see the referees assessment - I'd sat Fr. Gardiner would reckon he had a great game !