Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheground

big second half needed from TY. I'd love to hear what the beard is saying to them now.

D4S

No can do, checked on rte and tv3 websites so option for live link for the match.  Tyrone looked in control in the opening 20 but didnt really show it so much on the scoreboard.  WestMeath came more into it and then got the killer goal and the same time cavanagh got injured.  Was a heavy fall on his head, game stopped for 5minutes or so and he was stretchered off to a standing ovation and applause, hopefully it won't keep him out of the game for too long he's an outstanding footballer!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Tyrones own

Armagh man refereeing it.....WTF, some very soft calls against McMahon early on
 we've it all to do in the 2nd half :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tatler Jack

W'meath much more economical  - doing the simple things better. Tyrone need to create more space and take scores when they are on rather than getting into heavy trafific and losing the ball or trying for scores under pressure. If Tyrone can get back on terms fairly quckly they can win but I would not rule out W'meath snatching another goal. Not sure either team would trouble Kerry on what we have seen so far.

Carmen Stateside

Up against it now and no Sean Cavanagh, not the best situation :-\
Need a big first ten!

Puckoon

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 26, 2008, 03:46:07 PM
 Armagh man refereeing it.....WTF, some very soft calls against McMahon early on
 we've it all to do in the 2nd half :-\

3 free points for westmeath to be fair. All to do in the second half.

hope sean is ok.  :'(

make that 4. ::)

D4S

Quote from: Tatler Jack on July 26, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Not sure either team would trouble Kerry on what we have seen so far.

I'd say even if tyrone were to scrape through by a point they would definitely trouble kerry more even from a psychological point of view.  Thought mulgrew and tommy mcguigan looked really impressive in the opening 20.  Need a huge half from tyrone to win, but if cavanagh out for next weeks game and they do happen to draw kerry it would be too much for them!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

D4S

News on sean cavanagh is that it's his shoulder and arm and not his neck which is a good sign!

Jinxy

Quote from: D4S on July 26, 2008, 03:56:21 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on July 26, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Not sure either team would trouble Kerry on what we have seen so far.

I'd say even if tyrone were to scrape through by a point they would definitely trouble kerry more even from a psychological point of view.  Thought mulgrew and tommy mcguigan looked really impressive in the opening 20.  Need a huge half from tyrone to win, but if cavanagh out for next weeks game and they do happen to draw kerry it would be too much for them!

He's not playing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

D4S

Was it penrose then? I thought he was mulgrew im in work cant really hear the commentary black haired fella?

J70

Quote from: D4S on July 26, 2008, 03:58:28 PM
News on sean cavanagh is that it's his shoulder and arm and not his neck which is a good sign!

I wouldn't be surprised if he did his collar bone.

heffo

A lot of space opening up for Tyrone now - Flanagan doesn't look like he's match fit - he certainly isn't mobile

Jinxy

Denis Glennon is the Cristano Ronaldo of gaelic football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dodo

Penrose booked for a petulant tackle........could've been a red if ref had spotted his kick out in the first half after the McCullogh goal chance.

J70

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2008, 04:09:35 PM
Denis Glennon is the Cristano Ronaldo of gaelic football.

That last one looked a free to me at first glance.