Laois v Down

Started by Down Gael, July 20, 2008, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

I'm ignoring sheehy now anyway but sorry for clogging it up there lads!

st pauls mcgrath

thank god that arguing is over! is the match bein showin on the tv or internet at all?
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

Our Nail Loney

Don't think its on the tv no, maybe on the rte website but sure even then ts a hassle to get it up here.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI'm ignoring sheehy now anyway but sorry for starting the spat and clogging it up there lads!

fixed that for you

INDIANA

kingston already has aussie rules scouts camping on his doorstep for the last 12 months.out of all the players in the country at 18, he's the one they all want.

interested

Have we Down got any forward subs?

dodgy umpire

Quote from: interested on July 23, 2008, 12:26:44 AM
Have we Down got any forward subs?

substitutes that play as forwards? yes?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

western exile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 22, 2008, 09:21:29 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 22, 2008, 09:08:08 PM
Sorry LL. No more from me. Where is that Donie Brennan lad anyway?

He is still on the panel but he is just so fecking small i doubt he will ever be a reg starter
Has bags and bags of talent though and technically he is as talented as anyone footballer in the country

I admire his talent.  However he does seem to have a bit of a temperament problem too. He is inclined to concede a few frees or pick up yellow cards.

interested

Our Nail Loney

Well Sexton came opn the other night and got on the scoresheet

Also have Kearney or McGovern to come on. Isn't Gribben on the panel? McAreavey?

Theres not that much!

western exile

Since the Tyrone v. Westmeath game is on TV at 3pm and Donegal v. Monaghan at 5pm, I would like to get to Port Laoise by lunch time to see these games before our game at 7pm.   Can anyone recommend GAA pubs to watch these in?     
(I  hope PortLaoise is not like Navan, where earlier this year we tried to watch the other televised game before the throw-in of our game and found that all the pubs would only show minor league soccer  ???   Even the ones close to Pairc Tailteann which make their money of GAA patrons  >:(  )

Croí na hÉireann

Walking in to town from the pitch any of the pubs at the roundabout should be showing the matches. The Heritage Hotel, sponsors of the Laois footballers, would be a good spot for food and football I'd reckon...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Leo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 23, 2008, 03:31:31 PM
Walking in to town from the pitch any of the pubs at the roundabout should be showing the matches. The Heritage Hotel, sponsors of the Laois footballers, would be a good spot for food and football I'd reckon...

Another cracking place is Treacy's of The Heath just outside the town. Tom Treacy is the original Laois GAA sponsor and the place is a mecca for GAA fans from all over.
Fierce tame altogether

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: western exile on July 23, 2008, 03:15:54 PM
Since the Tyrone v. Westmeath game is on TV at 3pm and Donegal v. Monaghan at 5pm, I would like to get to Port Laoise by lunch time to see these games before our game at 7pm.   Can anyone recommend GAA pubs to watch these in?     
(I  hope PortLaoise is not like Navan, where earlier this year we tried to watch the other televised game before the throw-in of our game and found that all the pubs would only show minor league soccer  ???   Even the ones close to Pairc Tailteann which make their money of GAA patrons  >:(  )

You could try Egans on the main street or as someone else said The Heritage
You'll Never Walk Alone.

st pauls mcgrath

any thoughts on the down starting line up? would sexton have done enough to come back in? and is there any more word on ambrose?
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god