Tadhg Kennelly

Started by Aerlik, July 20, 2008, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Congratulations to Tadhg on 150 AFL games today v. Carlton.  And the Swans won, too, in a very entertaining and exciting game.  (And Freo won too  ;D)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Our Nail Loney

How many games are there a season?

screenexile

What?

The man must be a machine I watched him last week and his shoulder must've popped out about 6 times. Courageous player and a very good one too all the best to him in the future.

Tankie

what a pointless thread, the guy is playing a sport that is more in competition with GAA than Soccer and Rugby. A money hungrey Kerry man if u ak me!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on July 20, 2008, 10:40:27 PM
what a pointless thread, the guy is playing a sport that is more in competition with GAA than Soccer and Rugby. A money hungrey Kerry man if u ak me!

What a pointless post
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiff breeze

your dead rite . full of mad dog dung this thread

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 20, 2008, 10:44:39 PM

What a pointless post

why? people are constantly going on about how Rugby and Soccer are killing the gaa when here we have a game that are targeting our best up and coming players and people dont seem to have an issue with that. if this Irish AFL team goes ahead God only knows how many players will be lost!
Grand Slam Saturday!

rosnarun

yeah it could lead to thousands of young irish lads heading off to austrailia every year . ....  ::)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tankie

Quote from: rosnarun on July 21, 2008, 11:45:06 AM
yeah it could lead to thousands of young irish lads heading off to austrailia every year . ....  ::)

Cheers for the great input to the discussion!
Grand Slam Saturday!

rosnarun

QuoteAn innocent Dub put down when the PROTECTED on the board can abuse their power and hide behind it!

just along as you dont get paranoid by the whole thing it all fun and games
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tankie

all fun and games until a poster gets banned for a bit of light humour! but its ok to laugh at the slaughter of innocent women and children at a gaa match aslomg as they are dub  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

Fair play to Tadhg. He's done really well for himself and more power to him.

Tankie

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 21, 2008, 04:52:55 PM
Fair play to Tadhg. He's done really well for himself and more power to him.

Nobody doubts that but the AFL is a bigger threat to our games than allowing the use of Croker to Rugby but yet people seem to miss this!
Grand Slam Saturday!

screenexile

Really don't understand what your problem with this is Tankie!

Our sport is amateur and prides itself on its amateurism. The skillset we develop as youngsters is easily adapted to Aussie Rules which is always going to attract AFL scouts over here. Lads get offered money to be a professional athlete and have an athletes lifestyle and they take it... fair play to them!

Imo there is absolutely nothing the GAA can do due to its amateur status and while we remain amateur there is no restriction on an AFL club tracking a player in our games and offering him whatever they want. If a lad wants to take it then fair play to him but don't go spouting about the relation to Rugby or Soccer because it's not really relevant.

Also I think that whether we have links with the AFL or not is not going to have the slightest bit of difference on the scouting structure over here as if the big clubs want these players they will go after them.

We do not lose that many players to the game in reality as there are very few Australians who have been coached from birth who can make the elite so the chances of a mass exodus of players lasting the pace out there is pretty slim, most will go for a couple of years and come back through homesickness or just not bein able to make it. I think there are 6 Irish lads out there at the minute, 3 maybe playing regularly. Hardly a BIG threat to our games I would have thought!

magpie seanie

QuoteI think there are 6 Irish lads out there at the minute, 3 maybe playing regularly. Hardly a BIG threat to our games I would have thought!

Exactly.