New Meath Manager

Started by Hardy, July 20, 2008, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Can we do a deal and take Larry Cunningham instead? Youse can have Hector.

The GAA

County management really is a merrygoround as bad as english soccer at this stage.

how badly would one of these journeymen have to do at a county for the next crowd to disregard them?

all down to experience i suppose!

Dempsey is a woeful appointment for meath

Louth Exile

What input does the current Meath CB Chariman have into the selection of new county manager??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

meathie

Have to say Im going to be pretty annoyed and dissapointed if Dempsey is announced tonight. I keep hoping that they have someone fantastic up their sleeves that they have been hidiing from us for the last few weeks. please not Luke  :-[

Jinxy

Get used to it lads. From now on, once you get your foot in the door as an intercounty manager you'll never be out of a job. There'll always be some sucker that's impressed you've managed another county regardless of your lack of success at it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Claw

Can someone please put us out of our misery here and confirm that we have reached a new low. If its him, i'll have to prepare for my depression over the next year.

Billys Boots

QuoteCan we do a deal and take Larry Cunningham instead? Youse can have Hector.

No feck off, and ye can't have Dave Allen for Dylan Moran either.  Take yer medicine now, good lads.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

joemamas

met the same candidate a few years ago, before a game in Croke Park, in the space of five minutes, I was left in no doubt that he has an ego as big as the Hogan Stand.

Shamrock Shore

Word on the street is that it's 3:2 in favour of appointing Blessed Luke.

More work to be done but, seriously Meath lads, I'd worry about ye if he gets the nod.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 13, 2008, 12:11:21 PM
What input does the current Meath CB Chariman have into the selection of new county manager??

Can of ye answer me on this??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 13, 2008, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 13, 2008, 12:11:21 PM

Can of ye answer me on this??
its prob diff to what it used to be

in days of old under ginnity and the politbureau they did what they liked

havent heard of Dempsey having too much power

paddypastit

QuoteLooks like I am going to be shocked so. I could never in a million years pick Luke Dempsey as a Meath manager.
Look on the bright side Seanie - we won't get stuck with him.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Owenmoresider

Quote from: paddypastit on October 13, 2008, 07:14:17 PM
QuoteLooks like I am going to be shocked so. I could never in a million years pick Luke Dempsey as a Meath manager.
Look on the bright side Seanie - we won't get stuck with him.
Amen to that. Thanks Meath.

magpie seanie

Yeah, agreed totally. Its a bit surreal - glad Meath took a guy so we couldn't get him!