A poll for the Ulster bies

Started by Mike Sheehy, July 19, 2008, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you draw  Limerick in the qualfiers you'll hammer them right ?

yes. I've always said Munster football is crap so I'm not going to change my tune now
44 (75.9%)
No. I'm going to come over all respectful now in case I look like a tit in case we lose
14 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSeems nobody thinks "Limerick are good" and we still think "Munster Football is crap". Not really the reaction you were looking for eh Mike?

yeah, I should have added a third option   ..."well, nevermind all that, we can all agree Derry are shite !"

ziggysego

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 21, 2008, 08:01:30 PM
QuoteSeems nobody thinks "Limerick are good" and we still think "Munster Football is crap". Not really the reaction you were looking for eh Mike?

yeah, I should have added a third option   ..."well, nevermind all that, we can all agree Derry are shite !"

I'll that would have got my vote.
Testing Accessibility

Aaron Boone

Still not convinced that 2008 Div 3 form is All-Ireland material, hence Limerick (and Fermanagh, Wexford & Down) will not last it much longer.

P.S.
Even after Dublin crushing Wexford yesterday, Kerry are still All-Ireland favourites.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteEven after Dublin crushing Wexford yesterday, Kerry are still All-Ireland favourites.

We are a Munster team and, according to the poll,  the standard in Munster is still crap,  so I'm afraid that rules us out.

The smart money is on Dublin, Armagh and Tyrone.

screenexile

I see Limerick performed well again over the weekend putting it up the Kildare boys... obviously still hurting from the Wicklow defeat!

Munster football as strong as ever eh Mikey?

Mike Sheehy

Limerick did themselves proud and will learn from the experience.

How are Derry doing these days ?

bigpaul

Derry not going so well,but the Ulster teams not in the championship have been dispensed by another Ulster county. :P

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 01:20:00 AM
Limerick did themselves proud and will learn from the experience.

How are Derry doing these days ?

Not grat Mikey we have a few problems alright... the thread isn't about Derry though so I ail to see what relevance our performance (or lack of) has o do with anything. I think you are questioning the validity that Ulster is the strongest championship and are annoyed at the perceived lack of quality in Munster... why worry about it when it doesn't seem to have mattered at all to Kerry and the lack of competition has actually worked to your advantage? I suppose your patriotism is to be applauded though.

Oh yeah and I said it on the other thread... I seriously fancy the Ulster teams to come hrough round 3 of the qualifiers to have 5 Ulster teams out of 8 in the AIQF!!! There isn't really much debate about the quality of Ulster teams at the minute but that would certainly shut up the begrudgers.

As I've said before though very few Ulster teams play good football but they have a nack of playing winning fotball so don't talk about that puke nonsense because truth be told Kerry had to revert to it themselves to win their last few All Irelands!

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAs I've said before though very few Ulster teams play good football but they have a nack of playing winning fotball so don't talk about that puke nonsense because truth be told Kerry had to revert to it themselves to win their last few All Irelands!

what have they won recently ?......what have they won in 130 years of competition ?  The problem with lads like you is that you cherry pick stats and time periods to back up your arguments.

Also, the championship is far from over. You lads were talking ye'reselves up last year as well and not a single one of ye reached the semis.

bigpaul

You can only really count the years from the beginning of the 90's,when we began to get our little local 'difficulties' sorted.Since then Ulster has been the most successful Province in football.Sorry Mike but we do not accept your dominance over us prior to that due to circumstances! ;)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYou can only really count the years from the beginning of the 90's,when we began to get our little local 'difficulties' sorted.Since then Ulster has been the most successful Province in football.Sorry Mike but we do not accept your dominance over us prior to that due to circumstances!

was there a sudden escalation in the troubles in tha last 2 years so ? ...I know they dont report much about the North in the states but I thought I would have heard about something like that !

time ticking away

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 02:59:12 AM
QuoteYou can only really count the years from the beginning of the 90's,when we began to get our little local 'difficulties' sorted.Since then Ulster has been the most successful Province in football.Sorry Mike but we do not accept your dominance over us prior to that due to circumstances!

was there a sudden escalation in the troubles in tha last 2 years so ? ...I know they dont report much about the North in the states but I thought I would have heard about something like that !
wise up ! credit where credit is due
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Mike Sheehy

wise up yourself.....stop the constant attempts at discrediting Kerry and then, maybe, we will consider giving credit.

D4S

So much for wonderful limerick! 5 ulster teams in the last 12, and with none meeting each other it COULD be 5 in the last 8 now.  Armagh are already there.....Monaghan will beat Kerry....Tyrone will beat Mayo...Down will beat Wexford if that ridiculous sending off of Gordon is rescinded.....Fermanagh will find it difficult to lift themselves but could beat Kildare.   4 near definites and a maybe ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 05:12:09 AM
wise up yourself.....stop the constant attempts at discrediting Kerry and then, maybe, we will consider giving credit.

I don't think I discredited Kerry anywhere in my posts. Of course the easy ride in Munster helps them but they still go out and beat the best of the rest of the Country and I wouldn't begrudge them any of their plaudits. 2 in a row is a great achievement and if they do the 3 they will be the team of this millenium for a long time to come!

My argument and yours in the question of the poll is that Munster football is shite... particularly the last few years where Cork haven't even put up much of a challenge even. In fairness I was joking slightly about Monaghan beating Kerry as it's massively unrealistic but they do have a fighting chance whereas any of the other contenders from other provinces wouldn't be given a cat in hell's chance. Just shows that Ulster football is very strong at the minute. Who's to say no Ulster team will get past the 1st round of the qualifiers next year and that no Ulster team will mount a decent challenge for another 15 years but at the minute the teams coming out of Ulster would seem to be better prepared to win games than those in other provinces!!