A poll for the Ulster bies

Started by Mike Sheehy, July 19, 2008, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you draw  Limerick in the qualfiers you'll hammer them right ?

yes. I've always said Munster football is crap so I'm not going to change my tune now
44 (75.9%)
No. I'm going to come over all respectful now in case I look like a tit in case we lose
14 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Tyrones own

I see you've been let out of the sin bin, twas quiet round here for a week or so,
good to have ye back winding and obsessing none the less!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAnd if you'd been keeping an eye on the poll, you'd have noticed that the 'No' votes were a lot more recent than my posting. A turncoat? Just because i gave a measured and (relatively) sensible response whilst others are obviously taking the piss?

I'll make it more clear for you:
- I'd expect Monaghan to beat Limerick.
- I wouldn't expect Limerick to get hammered by anyone (i.e. 10 points or more) in round 2.
- I'd expect Limerick to put up a much stronger challenge if they got their game at home, rather than having to travel, considering most of the remaining teams.  
- Either way, i think most teams in round 2 would beat them.

oh, relax would ya. Dont be so uptight. Thats the problem with you Ulster lads, ye cant handle a bit of sucess and get all bent out of shape. You'll be a nervous wreck by the time the Donegal game come round.

Anyway, ye'll all be glad to have missed Limerick and thus avoided the  having to say respectful things about a Munster team.....at least till the next round anyway.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI see you've been let out of the sin bin, twas quiet round here for a week or so,

win, lose or draw I will be back here making sure you Ulster bies dont have the run of the board.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 08:50:27 PM
QuoteAnd if you'd been keeping an eye on the poll, you'd have noticed that the 'No' votes were a lot more recent than my posting. A turncoat? Just because i gave a measured and (relatively) sensible response whilst others are obviously taking the piss?

I'll make it more clear for you:
- I'd expect Monaghan to beat Limerick.
- I wouldn't expect Limerick to get hammered by anyone (i.e. 10 points or more) in round 2.
- I'd expect Limerick to put up a much stronger challenge if they got their game at home, rather than having to travel, considering most of the remaining teams.  
- Either way, i think most teams in round 2 would beat them.

oh, relax would ya. Dont be so uptight. Thats the problem with you Ulster lads, ye cant handle a bit of sucess and get all bent out of shape. You'll be a nervous wreck by the time the Donegal game come round.

Anyway, ye'll all be glad to have missed Limerick and thus avoided the  having to say respectful things about a Munster team.....at least till the next round anyway.
I'm not even slightly uptight. I'm just spelling things out for you, as you're obviously not picking things up very quickly.
I also think we'll manage to keep our nerves in check for a week. Whilst Monaghan will respect Donegal, they won't fear meeting any team.

I'd still say that Limerick would probably have been one of the easiest teams to draw in round 2, given the other alternatives, but i'm glad I don't have to make such a journey next week. And i think you'll find that there has been plenty of praise for Limerick, and for Cork's second half in the Munster final. Maybe you're just annoyed that Kerry are having to share the Munster football limelight(?)

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 08:52:41 PM
QuoteI see you've been let out of the sin bin, twas quiet round here for a week or so,

win, lose or draw I will be back here making sure you Ulster bies dont have the run of the board.
Munster is incredibly lucky to have you.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI'm not even slightly uptight.

I think you've already cracked.

QuoteMunster is incredibly lucky to have you.

yes, Munster is blessed in so many ways isnt it ?   

ziggysego

Ulster won't be able to test Limerick out for you Mike. Sorry.
Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

a lucky escape for ye.

Anyway, I'm sure Laois and Westmeath will do the business. Also, I think we can adopt Donegal as well. They aren't really an Ulster team as such. They have a heartbeat and dont play like dour robots. Much more of a Munster/Connacht/Leinster vibe about them.

ziggysego

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 09:33:12 PM
a lucky escape for ye.

Anyway, I'm sure Laois and Westmeath will do the business. Also, I think we can adopt Donegal as well. They aren't really an Ulster team as such. They have a heartbeat and dont play like dour robots. Much more of a Munster/Connacht/Leinster vibe about them.

Donegal's Ulster, get used to it Mike ;)
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 09:33:12 PM
a lucky escape for ye.

Is that the failing to deliver on the big stage vibe?

Mike Sheehy

oh, I'm not denying that. Its just that their sensibilities are not that of a typical Ulster County. I think they'd be happier elsewhere....you know....among less dreary folk, like.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIs that the failing to deliver on the big stage vibe?

...err..<cough>..just so you know, they reserve the big stage for after the quarter-finals....

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 20, 2008, 09:57:07 PM
oh, I'm not denying that. Its just that their sensibilities are not that of a typical Ulster County. I think they'd be happier elsewhere....you know....among less dreary folk, like.
Yes, you're right. In the pub, mid-season.  :D

Gold

i was at the the Fermanagh-Limerick game at Lisnaskea in the league and Limerick were brutal, as bad as ive seen in a long time--any team can have a lucky day as against Meath, they showed their true character when letting 4 late goals in, they are still brutal
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

tyssam5

"Ulster bies"

Bies? No bies in Ulster, open draw, not like that joke championship you have down there.

screenexile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 19, 2008, 11:24:11 PM
Theres going to be a lot of this "I always said Lmerick were good" stuff so I thought we should have a poll and get organized about it, like

Question:      If you draw  Limerick in the qualfiers you'll hammer them right ?
yes. I've always said Munster football is crap so I'm not going to change my tune now    - 25 (92.6%)
No. I'm going to come over all respectful now in case I look like a tit in case we lose    - 2 (7.4%)

Total Voters: 27

Seems nobody thinks "Limerick are good" and we still think "Munster Football is crap". Not really the reaction you were looking for eh Mike?

It'll be worse in a few weeks when ye draw Wexford and they dent the 3 in a row hopes. I'll start a poll after that one for the craic ;)