Tyrone v WestMeath
Limerick v Kildare
Laois v Down
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Donegal v Monaghan
Tyrone v WestMeath
Limerick v Kildare after extra time
Laois v Down  can see Laois being totally underestimated..Can also see this going to extra time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thechampishere

This evening's draw has thrown up some very interesting ties:

Donegal Vs Monaghan - Two very hit and miss sides as of late, can both be great on their day or equally bad, I reckon home advantage may just give Donegal the edge - HOME WIN

Tyrone Vs Westmeath - Tyrone are very rarely beaten in Healy Park and even though Westmeath are the only side to have given the Dubs a decent game so far in the Championship, I can't see them turning over a Tyrone side who are still more than capable of winning SAM this year - HOME WIN

Limerick Vs Kildare - Don't really know what to make of Limerick's win over a Meath side who really didn't seem interested in the Championship this year, I think if we're all honest, with the exception of Limerick fans, did we expect that result last night??? On the other hand, Kildare had a real close battle against Cavan and managed to come out on top. Again, home advantage may be vital here. HOME WIN

Laois Vs Down - Two teams who would have had aspirations of provincial glory this year. Laois were lucky against an average Wicklow side who couldn't' score a goal for love nor money. The flaws in the Laois side were exposed by Wexford but after their disaster today, were Wexford slightly overhyped??? Down on the other hand had two massive battles with Tyrone before eventually squeezing past them in extra time, but seemed somewhat in awe of Armagh in the Semi Final. Two teams with alot of potential and if they both perform it could be match of the round! HOME WIN

Whatever four sides are victorious next weekend certainly won't have it easy in Round 3. Kerry, Mayo, and Wexford already in the hat and should Fermanagh win the replay next weekend, adding Armagh into that draw really will make for some interesting Round 3 clashes

THE RACE FOR SAM BEGINS NOW!!! GOOD LUCK

orangeman

Without looking too far ahead ( in saying that I hope Tyrone are in it ) but the 3rd round of qualifiers would do justice to the AI SEMIS !

Maguire01

Quote from: thechampishere on July 20, 2008, 07:28:48 PM
Laois Vs Down - Two teams who would have had aspirations of provincial glory this year.
Eh?

ludermor

Quote from: thechampishere on July 20, 2008, 07:28:48 PM
Limerick Vs Kildare - Don't really know what to make of Limerick's win over a Meath side who really didn't seem interested in the Championship this year, I think if we're all honest, with the exception of Limerick fans, did we expect that result last night??? On the other hand, Kildare had a real close battle against Cavan and managed to come out on top. Again, home advantage may be vital here. HOME WIN
`
Limerick almost beat cork who leathered kerry and hammered meath, kildare scraped through against a shower from cavan who have been on the beer for the last 6 months. Should be no contest for limerick. So expect an away win!

western exile

Donegal v Monaghan
Tyrone v WestMeath draw
Limerick v Kildare
Laois v Down

Maguire01

Our Nail Loney

Donegal v Monaghan - Wasn't really impressed with monaghan that much against derry, thought it was a bad enough match, donegal to come thru this one

Tyrone v WestMeath - Tyrone to win handy enough, show that they are getting back to a high standard again and won't be an easy touch like they were against down!!  :P

Limerick v Kildare - As much as I would love McGeeney to crash and burn think they will win this with some to spare

Laois v Down - One of the closest ties of the lot, anyone making down hot favourites are in dream land. Down to shade it by one or two though

amallon

Donegal v Monaghan - I think Monaghan will just have a little too much for Donegal.  Should be a good game
Tyrone v WestMeath - Tyrone to win this one, but again it will be another tight one
Limerick v Kildare - Limerick to win this one
Laois v Down - I think Down can do it in Portlaiose, but a Laois win wouldn't be a massive shock either.  Should be a good entertaining game.  From Down point of view I'm glad to have avoided the other Ulster teams especially Tyrone.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Donegal v Monaghan
Tyrone v WestMeath draw
Limerick v Kildare
Laois v Down

Should be two great games in Ballybofey and Portlaoise.
Tbc....

Lazer

anyone know when are the times and venues will be confirmed?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Mid Mon

13:00  Coronation Street (Subtitles 888)
13:30  XPOSÉ
14:00  CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE
17:10  ALIENS IN AMERICA
17:30  News @ 5.30

TV3's schedual for next Saturday. Looks like a 15:00 throw in for someone.

western exile

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 21, 2008, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: western exile on July 21, 2008, 12:52:48 PM
Tyrone v WestMeath draw
After Extra Time? Off that Fence!
We are overdue a draw in the qualifiers as all the Round 1 games were decided in 70 minutes.  I think this is a candidate for the first draw.
Tyrone after extra time! ;)