Confessions

Started by fred the red, July 18, 2008, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

That should keep you on the right track Niall although if you happen to kill someone or run off with another mans missus or another missus man (whatever your fancy), youd prob be better to get it off your chest!!

rolloutking

Not really into the whole mass thing

but

what happens if someone confesses to a crime in a confession like "I'm holding Maddie Mc Cann hostage"

Can the priest tell the police?

J70

Its probably more than 20 years since my last and final visit.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2008, 11:03:16 PM
Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 18, 2008, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on July 18, 2008, 10:58:09 PM
Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 18, 2008, 10:51:31 PM
What's the Churches position on sins you genuinely forget about? Are you automatically forgiven or are you punished in eternity for your absent-mindedness? I've an awful memory on me at this stage, and I'm wondering how it will serve me come Judgement Day?

I can never actually remember any specific sins so just try and cover all my wrongs by confessing to all the sins that i may have committed. Hopefully that keeps me right!

Sort of "Blessed be Father for I have sinned, it has been a period of time since my last confession. I'm not going to bore you with detail, but suffice it to say I've been a sinner, and you should punish me in accordance with the average Catholic sin rate applicable to my age group"?

I always thought it was bless me father.

I was using confessional license.
Sometimes I say 'Breast me Feather'.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

rolloutking

QuoteNo. Although it is well known that the peelers have the confession boxes bugged.

Do you think that many priests would have been informers during the troubles in return for some favors from the RUC?

rolloutking

You seem very certain?

Niall Quinn

He must be RUC, PP or CC then.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Yes I Would

Id say there was very little confessing done when the war was going!!

Chrisowc

Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2008, 10:52:13 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on July 18, 2008, 10:51:14 PM
Creepy.

Yes we know you are, but if your not gonna contribute to the thread please refrain from posting your bile!

Says it all that you only appear to be offended by my 'bile' ::)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

fred the red

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 18, 2008, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2008, 10:52:13 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on July 18, 2008, 10:51:14 PM
Creepy.

Yes we know you are, but if your not gonna contribute to the thread please refrain from posting your bile!

Says it all that you only appear to be offended by my 'bile' ::)

Like i said please refrain from posting useless comments, every1 else is adding to the thread, you are taking away from it!

dont make me angry.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DirtyDozen12

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

The Real Laoislad

Forgive me Father for I have sinned,It has been 17 years since my last confession

Was at a Debs in the Bridge House in Tullamore one year back in the mid-90's,I went with this girl who asked me after i shifted her one night in the local disco in Borris-in-Ossary anyway to cut a long story short i ended up getting a jump off her best friend that night down a little side street in Tullamore,but I also got a jump off the girl who brought me at a house party after the Debs..The two women found out and they stopped being best friends and i ended up with neither....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

Bet u dont regret a minute of it LL

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 19, 2008, 12:10:39 AM
Bet u dont regret a minute of it LL

Well this is the confessions thread not the regrets thread :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.