Rome

Started by Dougal Maguire, July 14, 2008, 07:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Iàm on holiday in Italy at the moment staying just outside Rome. Anyone out there know of any pubs in Rome that might be showing the Ulster Final?
Careful now

AZOffaly

The Abbey (I think), or maybe it's called the gate actually. One of those poncy dublin theatres anyway. It seems to have a lot of sports channels, and a sky dish. I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

Here you go. They showed both games last Sunday, so I'm sure they'll have the games next weekend. It's beside Piazza Navone, well close to it anyway. it's a bit of a haze :D

http://abbey-rome.com/televised-sports-2

Hurler on the Bitch

The lounge in the Vatican will be showing it - just ask one of the guys in the funny trousers where the lounge bar is..

Our Nail Loney

maddog

head near the Palazzo Venezia, there is an Irish pub about 300 yards away and when i was there it was showing national league matches so its sure to be on.

Mentalman

Finneagans should be your spot...although it's actually run by Scotsmen.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Mentalman on July 15, 2008, 02:53:47 PM

Unless it was sold since I last graced the Eternal City, it is run by a lad from Belfast.  Either way they definitely show the terrorist supporting filth [(c)OWC] politics masquerading as sport.

Shame, etc.. etc. 

/Jim.

haveaharp

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 15, 2008, 03:27:16 PM

Unless it was sold since I last graced the Eternal City, it is run by a lad from Belfast.  Either way they definitely show the terrorist supporting filth [(c)OWC] politics masquerading as sport.

Shame, etc.. etc. 

/Jim.

We are all dirt birds don't you know. ;)

Mentalman

Shame, etc.. etc. 

/Jim.

Take your word for it Jim, I was there for the Armagh Kerry in 2002, could have got it wrong becuase I'm afraid I was very very drunk...all week. :)

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Mentalman on July 15, 2008, 04:33:00 PM

Shame, etc.. etc. 

/Jim.

Take your word for it Jim, I was there for the Armagh Kerry in 2002, could have got it wrong becuase I'm afraid I was very very drunk...all week. :)

I was there for Mayo's (latest) collapse for Kerry.  Got chatting to a few of boys once the game was over (which was approximately 15mins after throw-in).  It seemed more geared for soccer with most screens showing soccer.  Sky had deemed they day "Grand Slam Sunday" because the big 4 were playing each other.  The fact that it was about 3 weeks into the season was irrelevant.  However they were happy enough to put the bogball (minor and senior) on for a bunch of us.   

/Jim.

Mentalman

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 15, 2008, 04:42:49 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on July 15, 2008, 04:33:00 PM

Shame, etc.. etc. 

/Jim.

I was there for Mayo's (latest) collapse for Kerry.  Got chatting to a few of boys once the game was over (which was approximately 15mins after throw-in).  It seemed more geared for soccer with most screens showing soccer.  Sky had deemed they day "Grand Slam Sunday" because the big 4 were playing each other.  The fact that it was about 3 weeks into the season was irrelevant.  However they were happy enough to put the bogball (minor and senior) on for a bunch of us.   

/Jim.

Ah yeah, watched the Armagh victory there. Definitely geared for soccer, specifically displaying their love for The Bhoys, but were delighted to have us in for the game - let's face it the locals would sit alnight over a pint whereas we drank the place dry - even if it was Becks.

Dougal Maguire

Just back frin Italy. Thanks to all the lads who suggested Finnegans a great spot for the football and the golf
Careful now