Padraig Harrington The Open Championship winner 2008

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 14, 2008, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I get the impression Hardy you started something you didn't intend. Sometimes smartarsery kicks you in the teeth.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bingobus

What an absolutely pointless direction this thread has taken!

Back to the point in course about who is going to win:

Have been waiting for Adam Scott to make an impact in a major and am still waiting. Have to back him at this stage or he'll win it for badness.
Think Harrington will compete will again but fall short.
Westwood is in with a real chance.
Don't think an American will win it but a few will challenge as always.

ONeill

Hardy

Not like you to get tetchy O'Neill. Graceless withdrawal.

ONeill

I want the words 'You won'. No fudging. Just say it.

Hardy

You won comprehensively and nearly as overwhelmingly as you did in the semi-final in '96.

full back

Going to have an ew interest on Hunter Mahan
Could go well at a decent price

Evil Genius

Quote from: bingobus on July 15, 2008, 10:30:43 AM
What an absolutely pointless direction this thread has taken!

True, but can I just sneak in under the wire to point out that when she first moved to the USA to try and make a career in Hollywood, Joan Collins was apparently known to the locals as "The British Open"?  :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Hardy

Pointless me arse. It was a much more interesting discussion than which jumper will win the (British) Open.

ONeill

The Open - Injury threatens Harrington defence

The 36-year-old Dubliner injured his wrist while training in the gym on Saturday and has not hit a golf shot since.

Asked how confident he was about teeing off in Thursday's opening round at Royal Birkdale, he told RTE radio: "I'm just not sure. I don't know.

"The only issue would be if I re-injured it in the rough and that's what is a little bit scary. I'm going for physio [treatment] now and then going out to see if I can hit shots.

"If it stays stable I will play a practice round but pick the ball up in the rough. If it's not stable I will have another day off."

Harrington clinched his first major title by beating Spaniard Sergio Garcia in a four-hole playoff in last year's Open at Carnoustie.

Eurosport

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on July 15, 2008, 01:10:45 PM
Pointless me arse. It was a much more interesting discussion than which jumper will win the (British) Open.
Well then feck off and start your own thread to moan about if its called The Open or The British Open... ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Each way bets for Puck

Westwood
Jiminez
McDowell

McDowell could do well, hes playing great stuff and coming off the back of a very good win in scotland.

Hardy

No, we have enough silly threads already.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on July 15, 2008, 05:28:03 PM
Each way bets for Puck

Westwood
Jiminez
McDowell

McDowell could do well, hes playing great stuff and coming off the back of a very good win in scotland

Very hard to win two weeks in succession though..Well unless your Tiger of course..Would agree he is a good each way bet though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 15, 2008, 07:54:50 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 15, 2008, 05:28:03 PM
Each way bets for Puck

Westwood
Jiminez
McDowell

McDowell could do well, hes playing great stuff and coming off the back of a very good win in scotland

Very hard to win two weeks in succession though..Well unless your Tiger of course..Would agree he is a good each way bet though

Well the old man refused to touch him, and with him being my backer, Id to settle for Westwood each way @18s and Jiminez each way @33s.