Galway Stag

Started by supersarsfields, July 11, 2008, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Here lads trying to organise a stag for Galway for the start of November. Going to be travelling down from Omagh early on the Saturday Morning and was looking to see if there would be anything good to do on the way down like paintballing or go karting etc that could break up the journey. Sort of anything mid way down would be good.
Also any tips on places to stay down there would be good aswell.

Cheers

galwayman

For a stag I'm guessing ye want to be staying as close to the city centre as possible.
Jurys is about as good a location for a stag crew as there is -> it's just down at the end of Quay Street in the city centre. Has a nice beer garden as well which is rare in the city.
Alternatively the Harbour Hotel down near the docks is popular for stags/hens as well.
Other hotels that would be good location-wise are the Radisson, House hotel & Hotel Meyrick.
All of the above are within walking distance to everywhere in or around the city centre itself.
I have only stayed in the Radisson myself (it is lovely btw - the buffet breakfast is A1) as I live in Galway but I've been in all of the others and they seem to be nice places.

dodo

Travelodge on the Tuam road is a 10/15 minute walk to Eyre Square/centre.
Ibis is a bit further from the centre but both places are budget hotels.

Bogball XV

http://www.pallaskarting.com/

I've been here a few times, it's easily the best go-karting track i've been to, unfortunately it's not actually on the way to galway from the north as it's a wee bit outside on the way to dublin, but worth going to if you're into karting.

Here's another in castlebar that might suit you better:
http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=3289

supersarsfields

Lads just to drag this up again.
Any tips for a good spot to eat once in Galway for a large bunch of lads? Prob going to be about 15-20 of us?

Doogie Browser

I am sure Supermacs could accommodate you all!

Rois

Cactus Jack's would suit you, steaks, fajitas etc.

Not too pretentious.

under the bar

There's a go-karting place between Galway & Ballinasloe which has the biggest outdoor circuit in Europe (according to the leaflets).  The track is about 1.5 miles long.  Deadly crack.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: under the bar on October 14, 2008, 02:13:07 PM
There's a go-karting place between Galway & Ballinasloe which has the biggest outdoor circuit in Europe (according to the leaflets).  The track is about 1.5 miles long.  Deadly crack.

That's Pallas Karting out by Loughrea. About a 40 minute drive south east of Galway city.