Ireland may co-host 2015 World Cup

Started by Tankie, July 11, 2008, 10:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you support Croker been used if required?

Yes
40 (59.7%)
No
27 (40.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Farrandeelin

Well, I voted 'No' because I hate rugby.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Would someone mind telling me why some people feel it's the GAA's duty to bail out rugby and soccer?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 11, 2008, 06:01:48 PM

Also, the whole inverted snobbery thing is a joke. It's so hypocritical.

Why ????????????????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2008, 08:08:16 PM
Would someone mind telling me why some people feel it's the GAA's duty to bail out rugby and soccer?

Too right.

I'm sick to the bad teeth that the GAA is made to always look like the bad guys here.

We sorted ourselves, why can't soccer and rugby? It's not up to us to help them and quite frankly, we've done more than what is expected of us... far more.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 05:29:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2008, 05:15:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2008, 03:02:46 PM
QuoteI would also hazard a guess that most of the NO boys if offered a ticket for lets say a World Cup semi final in Croke Park between Ireland and New Zealand would gladly take the hand and all off the person giving them the ticket

So most of the "NO boys" are hypocrites. Good stuff. So much for tolerance and acceptance.

Am i wrong  ??? You wouldn't go to such a game and support your country in a World Cup semi final just because it was in Croke Park...Yeah right pull the other one

I wouldnt watch a bloody rugby match if it was played in the field beside my house. I certainly will not be taking any job associated with any rugby "world" cup.
The only time I might go to a rugby game would be to cheer on whoever was playing the Irish team.
They are not MY COUNTRY - just a bunch of sports players most of whom would look down their upper class noses at me and the likes of me.

I HATE EFFIN RUGBY

Which is it..You wouldn't watch a Rugby game if it was in the field beside your house OR you would go to a rugby match to cheer on whoever was playing against your country  ???
You can't have both as both statements contradict each other!

Well he is from Roscommon. ;D

Rossfan

You should be worrying about Mayo GBB and leave us alone  :P

Why indeed are the GAA being virtually demanded of to have a rugby "world" cup in Croke Park ?
If the IRFU want to host such a competition away with them and have it in their own grounds.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2008, 08:42:03 PM

Too right.

I'm sick to the bad teeth that the GAA is made to always look like the bad guys here.

We sorted ourselves, why can't soccer and rugby? It's not up to us to help them and quite frankly, we've done more than what is expected of us... far more.

Whose bailing anyone out in this case?
It will be 2015,As someone stated Landsdowne will be built by then as will Thomod Park and both will be used
Croke Park being used or not for this event won't stop Ireland being able to co-host the World Cup..
This is not the same as it is now with the GAA helping the FAI and IRFU while Landsdowne is being rebuilt,and fair play to them for doing it i might ad,But if there is a opportunity that a game or games could be played at Croke Park in a major World event that i can't see a problem...
If anything it will showcase Croke Park to the world....
How come i never heard one complaint from anyone when Amercian Football was played in Croke Park?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2008, 09:00:07 PM
You should be worrying about Mayo GBB and leave us alone  :P

Why indeed are the GAA being virtually demanded of to have a rugby "world" cup in Croke Park ?
If the IRFU want to host such a competition away with them and have it in their own grounds.

Just one question..why the continued use of " " when using the term World Cup
Do you not consider a tournament with country's from Africa,Australasia,South America and Europe as World ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

I've no problems with the World Cup being held in Ireland, I mean why should I.

It's staging it in Croke Park, I have the problem with.

As for American Football, I wasn't happy then either. But I was young and had no outlet to voice my disagreement on.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2008, 09:08:25 PM
I've no problems with the World Cup being held in Ireland, I mean why should I.

It's staging it in Croke Park, I have the problem with.

As for American Football, I wasn't happy then either. But I was young and had no outlet to voice my disagreement on.

And why have you a problem with Croke Park hosting a game of rugby...FFS how people in this day of age still have a problem with Croke Park playing other sports other than GAA bemuses me..
Fair enough it has history and tradition and the GAA built it themselves etc etc but at the end of the day it's just a stadium..Bricks and mortar..
It is one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and if there is a chance that it could be shown off to the four corners of the earth in a major World tournament i really can't see any problem..
I really don't understand the bitterness and begrudgery of some
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nic

Cant believe youse are worrying about an event that is PROPOSED to take place in 7 years and hasnt even been approved yet. Honest to god, i worry bout what to wear on a daily basis, never mind whats going happen that far down the line.

ziggysego

I'm not stressing about it at all nic.

I just don't want Croke Park to be the host.

However LL, if Croke Park is deemed to be a host and it passes all the appropriate measures at Congress... well I'll accept the democratic decision of the GAA members.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2008, 09:22:58 PM
I'm not stressing about it at all nic.

I just don't want Croke Park to be the host.

However LL, if Croke Park is deemed to be a host and it passes all the appropriate measures at Congress... well I'll accept the democratic decision of the GAA members.

Without being smart can you tell me why you wouldn't want such a great stadium not being used for one of the Worlds biggest events?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Zulu

I voted no and I strongly resent the tone and implication of the 'yes' posters when referencing 'no' posters. I wanted Croke Park opened while LR was closed but once it re-opens then CP should revert to a GAA stadium only IMO, and what is wrong with that?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 11, 2008, 09:05:00 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2008, 08:42:03 PM

Too right.

Whose bailing anyone out in this case?
It will be 2015,As someone stated Landsdowne will be built by then as will Thomod Park and both will be used
Croke Park being used or not for this event won't stop Ireland being able to co-host the World Cup..
This is not the same as it is now with the GAA helping the FAI and IRFU while Landsdowne is being rebuilt,and fair play to them for doing it i might ad,But if there is a opportunity that a game or games could be played at Croke Park in a major World event that i can't see a problem...
If anything it will showcase Croke Park to the world....
How come i never heard one complaint from anyone when Amercian Football was played in Croke Park?
So what are we talking about then?  What's the new Landsdowne capacity going to be? Where will the final be held?
As for American football - it was a one off (unlike rugby and soccer) and it happened how many years ago?  ::)

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?