Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Or perhaps an All-Ireland Hurling prediction:

Kilkenny and Tipperary

nic

Maybe its a new couple on the estate- Kevin And Tim
or  Kiss All Tyronies

Oraisteach

You just can't see both sides of the beehive.

Like GAA jerseys, it's simply naming the sponsor.

KIT-KAT 

Hurler on the Bitch

Don't feckin laugh.. there is a flute band from Rathcoole called the Sons of KAT.. when questioned, the band claimed that they are named in honour of a 1960s Rangers player called KAT Johannsen (I think)... bit piss poor .. like Rangers fans saying that the Nazi salutes they did in Israel were Red Hand of Ulster salutes ???? Bollocks! Sectarian Scum, that's all they are!!!

Orior

Its a pity. I quite like the big band sound whether its flute, pipes or accordian. But all the sectarian hate means I cant join in.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Zapatista

This is hardly a big story. Did anyone expect not to see this? All supporter groups do this. Do we need to keep proving to ourselves what the 12th is about for many?

Jim_Murphy_74

...Grand Master of Orange Order, forget to read the script?

Given that Orangefest is the new all inclusive festival for all and sundry regardless of race or creed why did he decide to make a speech about politics, unionism and refer to it's impact on our community???

Will inter-party unionist dispute negative impact on all the community in Northern Ireland.  Maybe some of the community have no problem with nationalists winning seats?

A bit of an own-goal I would have thought?

/Jim.

Square Ball

Months of rents are unpaid on a building occupied by the Ulster-Scots Academy Implementation Group.

A property agent has told the BBC its client is owed months in back rent by the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL).

He is responsible for leasing Regent House in Newtownards at an annual rent of £70,000.

DCAL will not comment on the matter but it is known that the then minister, Edwin Poots, was asked to intervene.

He wrote to civil servants asking that the landlord be "treated in an honourable way".

The property was leased to the Scots Academy Implementation Group, which was to oversee the setting-up of an institution to promote the teaching of Ulster-Scots to academic standards, in March 2006.

A spokesman for Commercial Property Solutions said that its client had been acting in good faith when he allowed DCAL civil servants to move into the building before the lease was signed.

He said that at a meeting in February last year, DCAL had stated it was happy with the building and that it wished to extend the lease until June 2010.

"On 29th June 2007, the solicitors acting for DCAL confirmed that the lease terms were finally agreed and were just awaiting signature," a spokesperson for the landlord said.

'Signed'

"DCAL then delayed the signing of the lease and the payment of rent. The first rent the landlord received from DCAL was on 8 August 2007, over 11 months after they moved into the building.

"They have since further delayed and withheld rent," he added.

"We can confirm that the tenants have vacated the premises and they are still in arrears of rent.

"The agreed lease for the premises is due to expire on 30 June 2010. DCAL are responsible for the rent until 30 June 2010."

The spokesperson added that the landlord had sought a personal meeting with the former DCAL minister Edwin Poots.

"This matter has put a considerable personal and financial strain on the landlord and in desperation he wrote on several occasions to Mr Poots requesting a meeting, to no avail."

DCAL said it would not comment on the matter because it is the subject of ongoing legal discussions.

In a statement, the former DCAL minister Edwin Poots said he had responded to letters he received from the landlord. 
The building is occupied by the Ulster-Scots Academy Implementation Group

"In those letters, I made clear that it was my wish that he was treated honourably and that I had always expressed that wish to DCAL servants in respect of this."

Last week, the BBC revealed that the Ulster-Scots Academy project had reached an impasse, with DCAL formally closing down the secretariat it had set up to aid the Implementation Group.

Despite £12m being set aside for the project in 2003, it is understood that little progress has been made towards its establishment.

Sources blamed scholarly arguments and a poor working relationship between a DCAL civil servant and the chairman of the Implementation Group, Dr Philip Robinson, for the failure to make headway.

In a scathing report seen by the BBC, the civil servant detailed how he believed mistakes had been made in the renting of Regent House.

Listed

The report said that it had been wrong to allow Dr Robinson to negotiate himself the lease for the 6,500 square foot, Grade Two listed building.

It went on to say that the building was unsuitable for the use of the secretariat because it was damp in places and did not have suitable disabled access.

Dr Robinson said in a written response that he had been given full departmental authority to negotiate the lease himself.

He admitted that the building was in breach of disability discrimination but that the changes required were actually quite modest.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

his holiness nb

Quote from: Solomon Kane on July 13, 2008, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on July 13, 2008, 10:54:27 AM
They wont have the balls to withdraw the funding.
Those similarities with the nazis obviously still run true in some parts of the north

Burning a flag and gassing 6 million Jews. Aye, it's much the same thing.

I think in fairness, he was more so referring to the behaviour of the Nazis during their rise to power.

There are some clear similarities.

Seems these days you need to kill 6 miliion people to be compared to any aspect of Nazi behaviour  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

Chrisowc

Isn't time somebody started a new thread. :-\
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Down Gael

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 14, 2008, 02:09:24 PM
Isn't time somebody started a new thread. :-\

It seems that all the usual GAA board posters/republican idealists are off for the Twelfth  ;)

The Iceman

I think there may well have been close to 500 thousand at the 12th.  What I have seen is a "fear factor" among Protestants to not be seen stepping outside of the norm or outside of their "culture".

Like the protestant guy at University at queens or Jordanstown who hangs about with Catholics all week, lives with them and partys the bit out - then goes home to Red Rock on Sunday morning and won't buy his papers from a Catholic shop and turns up at Church with the rest of his family just to be seen.

I know a lot of Protestants who will tell you they want nothing to do with the whole "troubles" but still turn out to watch sectarian bands and shows of strength throughout the year.

Its a mess and one of the reasons I am in America.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ziggysego

Defuse yourselves guys and just listen to this

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCvFjuTT6Q
Testing Accessibility

Evil Genius

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on July 13, 2008, 09:29:58 PM
Don't feckin laugh.. there is a flute band from Rathcoole called the Sons of KAT.. when questioned, the band claimed that they are named in honour of a 1960s Rangers player called KAT Johannsen (I think)...
Actually, the offending banners etc were inscribed with KAI, which they (ludicrously) tried to claim were in honour of Kai Johansen, a popular Danish player at Ibrox in the late 60's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Johansen
We must assume, therefore, that it is short for "Kill All Irish", thereby managing to be offensive, idiotic and disingenuous all in the space of three letters...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

rootthemout

peter robinson says thet the twelfth could be  massive for tourism,who is he kidding!,happened to put tv on 12 morning and there was a woman interviewing tourists in belfast at the parade.one woman was there as an observer from canada and says she was a catholic and found it intimadating,the next two fellas were from hamburg as their teeshirts displayed hamburg loyalists,said they come across with their rangers supports club,these are the only tourists who want to come to a show of hatred,intimadation and triumpalism.I live in armagh and they put up uvf and ycv flags in prominent positions in the town,complained to the council and was told it was doe problem,this was the same council that when i put up advertising boards for my business phoned within 2 days and said if i didnt take them down they would send out a contractor to remove them and then send me his bill??my point is that they still think the ordinary catholic shold bow to them,not any more,if they check their rent books they`ll see their rent is more than likely going to a catholic who owns their property,catholics have moved on and bettered themselves this is hard to take for alot of loyalists.