Hatred

Started by Mickey Linden, July 10, 2008, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

There was an article about one orange flute band in Castlederg who decided to clean out the violent sectarian / anti social elements. They had to get rid of no less than  2/3 to 3/4 of it's membership in order to achieve a partial rinse.

http://www.irishnews.com/articles/540/5860/2008/7/11/592608_351184240665Fluteband.html

Zapatista

According to UTV it was Nationalist causing all the trouble.

http://www3.u.tv/news/LocalNews/index.asp?id=90062&sel2=1&local=1

It's all a conspiracy to make Loyalists look bad.

Square Ball

Quote from: Zapatista on July 12, 2008, 12:16:18 PM
According to UTV it was Nationalist causing all the trouble.

http://www3.u.tv/news/LocalNews/index.asp?id=90062&sel2=1&local=1

It's all a conspiracy to make Loyalists look bad.

listened to the news on the radio and they specifically mentioned that it was the nationalists youths who instigated the riots in Porteydown, they interviered a SF mla who said it was back to the drawing board to try and stop it next year, and he didn't try and blame anyone else for the trouble.

personally i bet the locals have been infaltrated by those sneaky orangemen
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Aerlik

...to openly flaunt the trappings/images etc of terrorist organisations in Britain or in that part of Ireland where the minority of the country's population claim to be British?  I refer specifically to one of the images of yesterday's hatefest in Belfast where a bandmember can clearly be seen wearing a UFF badge.  Or is it a case that it's only applicable to republican imagery?

Oh silly me how did I forget... RUC/UDR/RIR/UFF/UDA/PAF/UVF ... spot the difference.

How the fcuk can the leaders of the O(stracised from reality) O honestly expect tourists to come to the six counties specifically to see a sectarian hatefest and claim it is culture?  John O'Dowd got it correct yesterday.

Then there was the Reverend Stephen Dickinson harping on about Protestant Britishness...ahem...and the alternatives in Ireland are?

Culture my arse... the annual rolling of the cheese down a Wiltshire(?) hill with lunatics in hot pursuit at least got a mention on some of the media.  Not so the hatefest, seen for what it is...evil.

Cornered rats, I tell you...
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Chrisowc

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2008, 12:24:50 PM
Dorty Fenian b**tards. You couldn't watch them.

You've got that Aghalee accent down to a tee!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

I assume you are talking about this sc**bag.

DrinkingHarp

What does the Bonfires represent?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

nic

Antrim Borough Council is coming under pressure to withhold £3,000 funding from the organisers of a loyalist bonfire after sectarian slogans were displayed on the pyre.

The council received complaints yesterday after an Irish tricolour bearing the initials 'KAT' – which stand for Kill All Taigs – was draped across the bonfire in Antrim town's Ballycraigy estate.

And this is supposed to be a celebration of culture??

Yes I Would

They wont have the balls to withdraw the funding.
Those similarities with the nazis obviously still run true in some parts of the north

nic

And yet they withdraw funding from the Paddy's day festival in belfast.

Down Gael

Laws regarding the displaying of terrorist images/trappings etc dont seem to apply to Loyalists/Unionists/Protestants. How many times have we seen the so called police force forcing their parades through Nationalist areas? How many of that same police force have been marching in those parades? How many of that police force were actually members of those Loyalist gangs?

The British, in their wisdom, jailed the radical muslim cleric Abu Hamza, yet paid Paisley, The High Priest of Hatred, his monthly salary as an MP while he preached much more vitriolic sermons and started up his own private paramilitary force, the Third Force.  ???

nifan

I thought the st patricks day events now do receive funding?

I agree that funding should be removed from any event that contains such sectarian slogans as seen at this bonfire.

Hardy

I can't believe it's true that 64% of protestants participate in public demonstrations of sectarian bigotry.

Aerlik

Quote from: Down Gael on July 13, 2008, 11:27:23 AM
Laws regarding the displaying of terrorist images/trappings etc dont seem to apply to Loyalists/Unionists/Protestants. How many times have we seen the so called police force forcing their parades through Nationalist areas? How many of that same police force have been marching in those parades? How many of that police force were actually members of those Loyalist gangs?

The British, in their wisdom, jailed the radical muslim cleric Abu Hamza, yet paid Paisley, The High Priest of Hatred, his monthly salary as an MP while he preached much more vitriolic sermons and started up his own private paramilitary force, the Third Force.  ???

Down Gael, there IS a distinction to be made...my brother-in-law is Protestant and he and his family represent the proper "decent" Protestant minority, I'm glad to say, so to include ordinary Protestants with Loyalists and Unionists is treading on thin ice.  Likewise our neighbours too, are the epitome of Christianity; helpful, etc.

(NIfan, that's the one.  Thanks.  Surely he will be identified and sanctioned accordingly)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Square Ball

TYP did it say people or protestants? maybe it was the 10s of thousands of cultural tourists that swelled the numbers, along with the catholics who went along to enjoy the orange heritage as well  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid