Hatred

Started by Mickey Linden, July 10, 2008, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughers

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on July 10, 2008, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: stiffler on July 10, 2008, 06:34:33 PM

I don't see too many shops selling union jacks for burning to be honest.

I didnt say anything about that. But its true that people have enjoyed stealing and burning UJs from prod areas on many many occasions.

oh for fux sake
yer at it again
'...they do it to us too ya know'

would you ever fcuk off with your pathetic attempts to 'equalise' things that are portraying the oo/unionists/loyalists in a bad light (to say the least) and be a man and accept they are rotten and the nationalists are not as culpable for siht like this irrespective of how you try to imply its two sides of the same shitty coin - it aint.
rank triumphalism and yer trying again to defend it/water it down  ::)

nifan

Ill say what I like lynchboy - or are you somehow in charge here?

I commented on the fact that it is a common occurence here - are you saying it isnt?
You might want to look over the posts on this site where boys have talked about doing it.

I dont agree with it on either side. And I dont think i did any count of the numbers. I just pointed out that people usually just steal the flags for this sort of thing.

I didnt say anything to defend it.

Will you ever f**k off with your attempts to portray me as something im not.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on July 11, 2008, 12:02:50 PM
Ill say what I like lynchboy - or are you somehow in charge here?
I commented on the fact that it is a common occurence here - are you saying it isnt?
You might want to look over the posts on this site where boys have talked about doing it.
I dont agree with it on either side. And I dont think i did any count of the numbers. I just pointed out that people usually just steal the flags for this sort of thing.
I didnt say anything to defend it.
Will you ever f**k off with your attempts to portray me as something im not.
as long as you realise its only yerself yer kidding... ::)

nifan

im not attempting to kid anyone.

If i say something negative about the unionist community you say nothing.
If I say something positive about the nationalist community you say nothing.

Only when i say something, anything, no matter how mild you believe backs up your statement do you say anything.

T Fearon

I see the PSNI are investigating if a Hate Crime has been committed by the shop owner, which should take about ten years and three judicial enquiries costing about £2m, to conclude that the shopowner is not guilty.

On a more serious note, the "country that the fenian flag belongs to", ie the 26 counties should now withdraw plans and money towards redeveloping the cite of the root of all sectarianism in Ireland, the Battle of the Boyne

Mickey Linden

Surely this sort of behaviour shows time after time just how bigoted and hate filled these loyalists are. The burning of flags does nothing only potray them for what they really are at the end of the day. Hard to believe this sort of thing still goes on in a so called civilised society!

T Fearon

The problem though is that they are indulged and rewarded for the hatred and bigotry. Look even in our own country where Articles 2 and 3 have been withdrawn, the principle of (one sided) consent has been conceded, and the free state government indulges Love Ulster Parade Organisers at Leinster House and grants them leave to March provoking mayhem in Dublin >:(

Tankie

Quote from: Mickey Linden on July 11, 2008, 12:22:25 PM
Surely this sort of behaviour shows time after time just how bigoted and hate filled these loyalists are. The burning of flags does nothing only potray them for what they really are at the end of the day. Hard to believe this sort of thing still goes on in a so called civilised society!

these guys who go on with this sort of thing are they the uneducated scum that you would expect this from or would the working class and middle class take part in this too?
Grand Slam Saturday!

T Fearon

You would be surprised to find out who's involved in these sort of things. There was a similar (if not exactly up front about this sort of thing) shop in Portadown a while back, and among its quality wares was a photo of Pope John Paul II wearing a Rangers scarf. It had the active involvement of local councillors. In the past, solicitors etc have been charged with illegally blocking in roads in response to orange parades being rerouted etc.

Then again scumbags are to be found among all colours, creeds and classes.

Square Ball

heres a good one, shows a lack of respect for the houses and the people who live in them next to it.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on July 11, 2008, 12:45:27 PM

these guys who go on with this sort of thing are they the uneducated scum that you would expect this from or would the working class and middle class take part in this too?

Uneducated and often neglected. I'd say the shop owner is not to uneducated and neither was Paisley when he was organising the burning of houses rather than flags. 

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on July 11, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 11, 2008, 12:45:27 PM

Uneducated and often neglected. I'd say the shop owner is not to uneducated and neither was Paisley when he was organising the burning of houses rather than flags. 

I know what went on in the past but nowdays i am wondering have most people grown up a bit!
Grand Slam Saturday!

nifan

Plenty have Tankie, but there is still plenty of people who havent moved on.

The Watcher Pat

We will never be totally rid of that sort of shit up here.... It has got better in the last few years but there are always going to be scumbags who get their kicks out of this sort of crap...

What sort of tradition is lighting a bonfire to for 100's of kids to get drunk at, burn Irish flags and have the usual paramilitary show of strength....

1000's of firefighters hour's are wasted tonight because of these bonfires, not to mention the damage they do to the enviroment...

Then you have people from the Shankill etc complaining about the state of the area they live in...yet they are happy to gather up rubbish to burn in their own eststes....

These people just dont make any sense to me.....and they will never change!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME