Hatred

Started by Mickey Linden, July 10, 2008, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 10, 2008, 10:06:34 PM
I think the IFA should be told.

http://www.unionjackshop.com/product_info.php?id=282

I am not implying anything here other than copyright issues and no link between the union jack shop or the IFA is or should be inferred.

Calm down everyone. Its OK, because this is that the bottom of the page:

DISCLAIMER: The Union Jack Shop sells a wide selection of paramilitary merchandise. This does not necessarily mean that the shop endorses the activities of any of these organisations.

nifan

Quote from: tyrone exile on July 10, 2008, 08:54:34 PM
I was waiting for someone to speak up. i think you are going to be fighting a loosing battle if you try and argue that nationalist burn union jacks as often, as blatantly or as publicaly!
I dont particularly care if they do burn the tri-colour, infact i enjoy seeing pictures of it, because at least the rest of the world can see how insecure these people are, and how much hatred they really have!

Its been mentioned by lads on this site about going up and stealing the flags and burning them. It is not that strange.

nifan

I am not implying anything here other than copyright issues and no link between the union jack shop or the IFA is or should be inferred.

The IFA has been notriously bad in about enforcing copyright ( which is good for supporters clubs etc) but they did talk in the past about starting to enforce it.
Dont know if they have ever done anything about it in any cases yet.

the green man

Quote from: nifan on July 10, 2008, 10:47:00 PM
Its been mentioned by lads on this site about going up and stealing the flags and burning them. It is not that strange.

Is it not strange that 52 bands will parade in Maghera on Saturday. Thats Maghera, Derry. A 93% Catholic town. Less than two miles away we have Tobermore. A 100% Protestant town and no parade, thats strange.

Could we have and Easter parade in Stoneyford next year, with 52 republican bands marching?

nifan

Quotehttp://www.cafepress.com/irishcountry.26225777

Nice bumper sticker - with burning union jacks :o

Its true you can get any shite on the net

An Fear Rua

you'd think they would have a ".co.uk" url , at the very least............
Its Grim up North

nifan

Quote from: the green man on July 10, 2008, 10:53:20 PM
Quote from: nifan on July 10, 2008, 10:47:00 PM

Is it not strange that 52 bands will parade in Maghera on Saturday. Thats Maghera, Derry. A 93% Catholic town. Less than two miles away we have Tobermore. A 100% Protestant town and no parade, thats strange.

Could we have and Easter parade in Stoneyford next year, with 52 republican bands marching?

It is strange, and i dont agree with it - i dont really understad the need to parade anyway, but if needed it shouldnt be in any contentious areas.

An Fear Rua

its still one way traffic, one side attempting to rub the others nose in it ??

Its Grim up North

the green man

Quote from: nifan on July 10, 2008, 10:55:23 PM
It is strange, and i dont agree with it - i dont really understad the need to parade anyway, but if needed it shouldnt be in any contentious areas.

Listen, I would like to think that I am in no way bigoted. If they want to march here, then let them march. The only thing is, as in my previous post, there would be mayhem if the republican bands tried to march anywhere outside 'our territory' If the South Derry Martyrs came waltzing down our street, I wouldnt even draw the curtains for them, but what good for the goose should be good for the gander in this instance.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: the green man on July 10, 2008, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: nifan on July 10, 2008, 10:55:23 PM

Listen, I would like to think that I am in no way bigoted. If they want to march here, then let them march. The only thing is, as in my previous post, there would be mayhem if the republican bands tried to march anywhere outside 'our territory' If the South Derry Martyrs came waltzing down our street, I wouldnt even draw the curtains for them, but what good for the goose should be good for the gander in this instance.

as i said......
Its Grim up North

Mickey Linden

Has anyone got a picture of a loyalist bonfire? Im trying to explain to people down here at work in Dublin just how hate filled these people are!

nifan

Can you not work google?

thejuice

Its a symptom I think of todays times where decent folk are afraid to speak up. Should the decent folk who live in the Unionist community say, look enough is enough, its getting completely out of line. But then again I suppose most decent folk are in exodus on the 12th weekend.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gawa316

Quote from: tyrone exile on July 10, 2008, 08:54:34 PM

I was waiting for someone to speak up. i think you are going to be fighting a loosing battle if you try and argue that nationalist burn union jacks as often, as blatantly or as publicaly!
I dont particularly care if they do burn the tri-colour, infact i enjoy seeing pictures of it, because at least the rest of the world can see how insecure these people are, and how much hatred they really have!

It happens down in the estates I work (burning UJ's etc) at every opportunity. Can't say it is done as often as tricolours getting burnt because I don't know but it does happen. Insecurities on both sides, imo sad individuals

Zapatista

I havn't read all the thread so sorry if it has been covered.

If there is a market for something then someone will sell it. The shop are probably more interested in making money than the politics of the idea. I honestly think someone selling flags to burn is the same (or less harmfull) as someone selling the Daily Mirror who are responsible for the actually death and ruination of so many lives. The Daily Mirror are amoung those who created the mindset of those purchasing these flags.