Murder conspiracy arranged on the internet

Started by Sky Blue, July 10, 2008, 08:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

Has anyone else been following this trial? I new she was guilty from the start. All of her evidence and defence was weak. Basically saying it wasn't me must have been someone trying to frame me.

Sharon Collins guilty of murder conspiracy
Wednesday, 9 July 2008

A jury has convicted Sharon Collins of conspiracy to murder her partner and his two sons.

Collins, who had denied she was 'lyingeyes98', has also been convicted of soliciting an Egyptian poker dealer to murder her partner and his two sons.

The jury could not agree a verdict on conspiracy charges against Essam Eid.

AdvertisementCollins of Kildysart road, Ennis, Co Clare, and Eid from Las Vegas had denied three charges of conspiracy to murder.

Eid has been convicted of extortion and handling stolen goods after he demanded €100,000 from PJ Howards's son, Robert, to cancel the contract.

He was remanded in custody and a date for sentence will be set in October.

Collins was comforted by family members as the jury of eight men and four women found her guilty on the first charge.

The seven-week trial heard how she searched the Internet for a contract killer and paid a €15,000 deposit to have her partner and his sons murdered.

The jury found Eid guilty of demanding money with menace from Robert Howard and of handling stolen goods.

During the trial, the 45-year-old Ennis woman told the court she was not 'lyingeyes98' - the name of the email account used to hire a hitman.

Reacting to the verdict, PJ Howard and sons Robert and Niall say they are relieved the trial has come to a conclusion and are prepared to get on with their lives.