Glasgowbury

Started by toiletroller, July 08, 2008, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

Check out FIGHTING WITH WIRES myspace, and you can see a couple of their videos and reviews.  Very impressive stuff and will be a real treat at the festivel.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

offtheground

What time will the gates open at? Would it be fair to say all the crap bands will be on early on, with the likes of Ash & openheimer later on?

billy the kid

Easy on there lad.  Gates open at 12 noon. some deadly bands are on early enough (3 or 4 oclock) and like any festivel the smaller acts will be on the stages earlier building up to the bigger acts like ASH oppenheimer and fighting with wire.

But the craic in the campsite goes on from friday evening right through to sunday with plenty of guitars and singing thrown in for good measure.
If it moves hit it

The Gs Man

Are you sure your not Paddy Glasgow??   :)
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

by the way check out the videos on www.glasgowbury.com and at glasgowburys myspace (there is a link from the aforementioned homepage) and you will get a feel for the size of the event and the great crowds that are going to be present.
If it moves hit it

The Gs Man

You frickin are Paddy Glasgow!!!!  :D
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

IM def not Paddy Glasgow just a music lover who loves these type of events and think anyone else who does should head as this truly is a gem.  Been to every single one so far and they just keep getting bigger and better.
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

HS you smart ass the concert is in South DERRY not the east end of Glasgow as Im sure your aware. but very witty all the same ;)
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

Its not in Bellaghy so that would be a little silly.

I dont think you would like it anyway theres nothing at it but good music (mostly rock orientated) good craic, good people, good eye candy and loads of drink. Wouldnt be your scene. Far better to stayat home put the slippers on and watch emmerdale or heartbeat. ;) :D ;D
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

the man who runs it and organises it is called Paddy Glasgow - Glasgowbury.  Theres another similar but a bit smaller one in England that copied this Idea but due to patent laws they had to call theres Glastonbury.  ;) :D ;D
If it moves hit it

saffron sam2

I once marked Paddy Glasgowbury in an under 16 friendly (1984 I believe).

Do I win a prize?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Maguire01

I'm particularly looking forward to...

ASH
Oppenheimer
Mojo Fury
Ed Zealous
Ham Sandwich
Panama Kings
The DelaWares
Skruff
Cashier No.9
The Q

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2008, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 09, 2008, 08:33:24 PM
I once marked Paddy Glasgowbury in an under 16 friendly (1984 I believe).

Do I win a prize?
Depends. Did he roast ya?

He scored 3-1 from left half forward. Is that what you meant by roasted?

saffron sam2

Would've clipped him if I could have caught him.

I may have done (the NI bit), but I left the keeper's gloves at home that night.

offtheground

Aye fair enough about decent bands being on early enough. What time was it all over at last year??
Are there any decent bars around Ballinascreen that would be good to get liquored up in before heading into the grounds??