Glasgowbury

Started by toiletroller, July 08, 2008, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Bumping this. What about a small GaaBoard gather up at it?

billy the kid

Pat Mc Manus is an unreal experience. If you have never seen him before dont miss him he is one of a kind.  His bit where he plays the electric guitar with the fiddle bow is mind blowing.

What about a gaaboard gather up during his set then green man?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Maguire01

Quote from: billy the kid on July 09, 2008, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2008, 12:08:47 AM
Great festival. I should be there this year for my third time. Although it may well clash with Round 2 of the Qualifiers, if we're still in.

Maguire you never cease to amaze me.  You have just shot up in my estimation if you have been at Glasgowbury for last few years. And dont worry bout Qualifiers, If Derry are still in I will def be at Glasgowbury and not at any football game.
Thanks for sorting that one out Billy.  :P
Now i have a dilemma...

peterquaife

the weather for Saturday is doing some chopping and changing...accuweather.com had it sunny, then rainy, but as she stands, it gives it SUNNY for the day and drizzly rain at night...could live with that!

PQ

toiletroller

can you drink cans in the concert enclosure or just in the campsite? going on the booze run for it tonight  ;D

screenexile

Last year it was just on the campsite. There was a bar in the enclosure. It was very busy though and hopefully they've more than one burger van this year!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: screenexile on July 24, 2008, 10:40:10 AM
Last year it was just on the campsite. There was a bar in the enclosure. It was very busy though and hopefully they've more than one burger van this year!

taking advantage of being injured then ad  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

billy the kid

well people not long now hope you all went and got tickets!!

Great buzz about the festivel now and it has been getting some media coverage.  I was up past the site there tonite and its gonna be alot bigger than last year with more media on site extra stages and stalls, food vans etc

will be a class weekends craic with fine tunes and bands to listen to.  Cant wait
If it moves hit it

the green man

billy the kid

Are you going greenman? will be class.

In fact which of you men are going and are you camping or not?

If it moves hit it

screenexile

Think I've come round to the camping idea at this stage but it'll be an early start to get up and take training on Sunday morning.

Are you putting the tent up tonight or tomorrow Billy? Oh and have you had any luck talking the cripple around to going yet? He's threatening not to bother going at all!

For anyone interested there is a night of music as a previre to Glasgowbury tonight in the Cellar Bar. 2 Radio Ulster programmes will be Broadcast from there with Acts due to perform tomorrow and there is usually a good crowd at the night and plenty of craic to be had.

www.cellarbar.info

The Gs Man

Here's my recommendations in no particualr order (only because I've played with them/seen them before and I can say they're really good bands!):

Cat Malojian
Swanee River (playing with them in Lurgan tonight actually)
Skruff
Colenso Parade
Mantic
Here Comes the Landed Gentry
Delawares
Cutaways
Boat House
Keep 'er lit

screenexile

Will you be attending the shindig 2moro Gs Man?

The Gs Man

I wish I was, but just can't afford it at the minute.  Two week holiday to pay for!  Some class bands and Im sure it'll be a brilliant atmosphere.

Maybe next year you might see us playing at it, if our drummer doesn't feck off back to the States!
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

Not camping tonite exile i have training in Armagh but im heading up early tomo hope to be there bout 12 or so. What about yourself when you heading up.

As for Brian the buffers son i have no idea. he said he was def goin then it was maybe then it depended on the woman and i have no idea what the state of play is now. He is's about as reliable as the Derry senior football team.

Really cant wait gonna be some craic
If it moves hit it