Glasgowbury

Started by toiletroller, July 08, 2008, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toiletroller

http://www.glasgowbury.com/

Anyone headin to this hoolie? Heard its a great event

billy the kid

Got tickets there last week if your thinking of heading I would advise you to act Quickly as the tickets are selling like hot cakes at a student party.

This is a gem of a concert with some of the best up and coming bands you can get and this year ASH are headlining.  I head every year and the craic is always deadly. DUKE SPECIAL headlined last year and rocked the place.

Its set in the sperrins over looking a valley and you can see to lough Neagh from it. The view alone would nearly be worth going for.

Of all the festivals Ive been to this is the best for ambience and craic and with the nicest people. There is never any bother and everyone just has a class time and enjoys the music.

The best way I could describe it to you is that its like a smaller version of Oxegen or Electric Picnic.  Theres 4 stages, loads of bands, camping on friday and Saturday night, obviously toilets that are always clean unlike other concerts, stalls, jugglers, stilt walkers, fast food, healthy food, shops, plenty of talent, some amazing music and as much beer as you can drink.

Check out the Website www.glasgowbury.com but move fast as the tks are moving faster than ever before.

Forgot to mention there is plenty of car parking space at the site and there were shuttle buses running from the car park at the community centre (about 1 1/2 miles away) when this filled up later on. 

If your looking a good camping spot you need to be early also as the vast majority camp and good spots are at a premium.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Maguire01

Great festival. I should be there this year for my third time. Although it may well clash with Round 2 of the Qualifiers, if we're still in.

screenexile

Yes I already said it would be awesome! (Still forgot to buy my ticket though... doh!)

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8041.0

Yeah Maguire as for round 2 of the qualifiers how about you leave that to us Derry folk to sort it out... you won't need to be worrying your little head about it;)

toiletroller

Billy are you yer man Glasgow or do you work for his PR company  :D

Most get on the ball and get my ticket booked.

The Gs Man

Don't miss Swanee River, Colenso Parade or Cat Malojian.  3 class bands.

Keep 'er lit

screenexile

Captain Kennedy's just not big enough yet Gs man?

The Gs Man

Haha.  :D  Our drummer is in the States until September or we'd have been there!!!
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

exile better move on the ticket if you want one reckon they will sell out soon as 3/4 already gone.

Check out Keith Harkin in Celtic thunder on You tube. The man is deadly. He playing at Glasgowbury and he has an Album at no.1 in USA and a single in the US charts.

Other great bands to take in are;

Mantic, for some vibrant vocals and a demonstration of how bass guitar should be played

Triggerman, a deadly rock outfit that had everyone rockin er out last year,

Paul Casey, a great singer songwriter,

Pat Mc Manus, for some of the most original and mind blowing guitar work your ever likely to see

Not to mention, Fighting with Wire, a truly great band with loads of potential and not hard to see why they got a record deal

and ASH in their only NI gig this year.

And thats just the ones I can think of quickly
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2008, 12:08:47 AM
Great festival. I should be there this year for my third time. Although it may well clash with Round 2 of the Qualifiers, if we're still in.

Maguire you never cease to amaze me.  You have just shot up in my estimation if you have been at Glasgowbury for last few years. And dont worry bout Qualifiers, If Derry are still in I will def be at Glasgowbury and not at any football game.

What you think of the last couple you been to? Duke special was class last year and what about the unbelievabl view?
If it moves hit it

The Gs Man

You must be a Derry man Billy.... ;)  Bigging up Keith Harkin, Mantic, Triggerman and FWW all in the one post!!!

We played with Mantic in the Empire last year when they didn't even have a vocalist.  A real funky band.  Had them down in my bar there a few months back as well.  Think we were on the same bill as Keith Harkin last year at the Gasyard Feile as well.  Can't remember.  He has some voice on him right enough, although I prefer his solo stuff to the Celtic Thunder stuff.  Didn't know their album was at No.1 in the USA.  Thats unreal!!!!!!
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

I am indeed young son, a true leafer.  Check out Keith Harkins song Lauren and I  on youtube also its the one in the singles chart in USA.

Are you heading to the concert yourself? The buzz around it this year is unreal with ASH and FIGHTING WITH WIRE playing and all the media types are on climbing over each other to get on board after the big crowd and massive success it was last year.
If it moves hit it

screenexile

Yeah think I'll pick it up this evening Billy before the big match, although if it clashes with Derry's 2nd round match I could end up missing a brave chunk of Glasgowbury as I'm a true Leafer!

The Gs Man

Afraid not.  We were hoping to have got playing but that was knocked on the head when our drummer headed to the US.  A few of our mates bands are playing it though.

There's some amount of class Derry bands knocking about.  Have you heard Swanee River before Billy?  They're another Derry band who are one to watch for the future.  As are Skruff.  We've played with both them bands a good lot of times.  Make sure you catch them at the festival!!
Keep 'er lit

billy the kid

have seen both before CK and both are very good. There really is some amount of musical talent to enjoy at it.  The craic is always good and theres never any trouble just a big crowd of people there to enjoy the music and the experience.

Cant wait.
If it moves hit it