Favourite childhood sweets

Started by nic, July 07, 2008, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

remember the draculas about 30 years ago though!! there was another one ath that stage tuffy tops? with brown icecream and toffee choc topping.
Lemon sheretss from the Jar My No 1 ,
Scots clan are still out there oatfields make em but they have stopped making choclate bob bons, any one for a campaign ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ziggysego

Quote from: rosnarun on July 08, 2008, 02:17:56 PM
remember the draculas about 30 years ago though!!

Was that the sweets shaped as fangs? They were cool.
Testing Accessibility

downredblack

Curly wurly were at least a foot long back in the 80's
Cadburys Cream egg were the size of an duck  egg .

Yorkies, if you had one you had just made your communion or had come into money .

downgirl

I had completely forgotten about rainbowdrops!!!  They were so nice!!  Anybody else remember millions??? The strawberry or raspberry flavoured ones were the nicest!!  And there was other wee sour sweets out of a wee box, I think they were called nerds or something?!

The Iceman

Brandy balls, fizzy cola bottles, cola frosties, wham bars, fruit salads, chewitts, red laces - now I know why my teeth are shit
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

5 Sams

Quote from: mournerambler on July 08, 2008, 12:00:20 AM
Anybody remember that 'spanish gold' stuff, it was quite the business alright.

Maybe I'm dreaming but was that the stringy stuff that looked a packet of roll your own tobacco?
The Aristocrat Years

Aerlik

Quote from: Treasurer on July 08, 2008, 02:08:11 PM
Does anyone remember Dracula ice pops?  I've been told I made them up but I most definitely did not!!  Black ice lolly with a red fruity ice lolly centre combined wtih plain ice cream.

Feckit yessssssss, I do remember them.  Didn't HB make them along with the Joker, the vanilla icecream surrounded by orange/pineapple-flavoured "icing"?

What about Dentyne Chewing Gum?  Is it still around.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

RONAN

Heres a blast from the past, does anyone remember Barry McGuigans Nettle crisps!!!! :o

Treasurer

Quote from: Aerlik on July 08, 2008, 03:54:33 PM
Quote from: Treasurer on July 08, 2008, 02:08:11 PM
Does anyone remember Dracula ice pops?  I've been told I made them up but I most definitely did not!!  Black ice lolly with a red fruity ice lolly centre combined wtih plain ice cream.

Feckit yessssssss, I do remember them.  Didn't HB make them along with the Joker, the vanilla icecream surrounded by orange/pineapple-flavoured "icing"?

What about Dentyne Chewing Gum?  Is it still around.

I knew I didn't imagine them!!  Don't remember the Joker though.

heganboy

Joker ice cream also used to be one of the biggest selling Cocktails in the bot
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

the Deel Rover

don't know has highland toffee bars been mentioned used to love them could buy the for 7p
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Aerlik

???
What was the name of the multi-coloured icepop thing shaped like a rocket - three or four layered if I remember right?

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

ziggysego

All this talk of sweets is killing me and my diet. Just after firing a bag of Skittles into myself.
Testing Accessibility

Homer

Quote from: Aerlik on July 08, 2008, 04:13:24 PM
???
What was the name of the multi-coloured icepop thing shaped like a rocket - three or four layered if I remember right?

Apollo I think

Treasurer

Quote from: Aerlik on July 08, 2008, 04:13:24 PM
???

Was it a Tongue Twister?