Any Free Sky+ Offers at the min?

Started by under the bar, July 07, 2008, 09:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Several weeks ago Sky were offering free Sky+ box when you signed uip.  Can't find it now.  Anyone know a link to any such offers?  Cheers

balladmaker

Plus....anyone know how to get Sky+ for free when you are an exisitng customer?

bingobus

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

balladmaker

I threatened them that I was leaving and they just asked on which date I wanted the service to end?!!

Minder

Quote from: Jack_Black on July 07, 2008, 11:10:05 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 07, 2008, 11:05:21 AM
Not me, I'm now Sky-less :(

yep, i think unless you are very lucky they will just say, ok, goodbye

if you are not a subscriber, best option is to look for someone with those vouchers which gives you free installation for SKY+

search the web, some people post the voucher number on the web so you can just use those

you could cancel your subscription then re-register with the missus / GF / partners name with the vouchers. (not 100% sure if this works)

Anyone do this, is there a certain time you need to wait before registering again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

spiritof91and94

After the football season i always ring up and tell them i have lost my job and things are tight and i have to reveiw my finances and the result is luxuries like sky tv have to go, they always make a deal with you that reduces your payment, this year I got my payment reduced from £42 to £20 for three months until I was sorted out ;) again, works all the time.

thewingedlady

Aye the aul fella rang sky a year ago saying he was thinking of pulling out and they dropped the subscription by £11 or so, so we've got Setanta now but not paying any more than we used to.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 07, 2008, 12:44:18 PM
After the football season i always ring up and tell them i have lost my job and things are tight and i have to reveiw my finances and the result is luxuries like sky tv have to go, they always make a deal with you that reduces your payment, this year I got my payment reduced from £42 to £20 for three months until I was sorted out ;) again, works all the time.

You must work at the same place as me :-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

Issued the threat to quit a few months back and they upgraded me to Sky Plus for free, first time I did it and woman just came straight out with it. Had been on the full Sky package for up to ten years though.

the real slim shady

the sister-in-law rang them last week and they were lookin £90 to upgrade to sky+, she said no way rang back the nexy day and said he was leaving and the girl told said "oh hold on a deal has just came up on the computer here just for today and its free with free installation and we will connect your old box in your bedroom with sky muti room for a tenner a month" 3 days later all was done!!

Minder

I take it there will come a time when multi room is nothing extra on top of your monthly subscription.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Whats this Sky Starter pack about that you buy in woollies and the likes?  It looks as if everything is free, minidish, istallation, box etc.   Is it the same as your standard sky set-up?