Orange mobile - need a favour from our Northern posters

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 06, 2008, 10:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Dear boys and girls in Northern Ireland.

I have a Nokia N95 8GB which I bought on ebay. However it's locked to Orange.

If someone here has an Orange account and is willing to help me get it unlocked please pm me.

I think one rings Orange customer care, give them the IMEI number of said Nokia (which I'll provide) and say you are off to Dublin for a six month contract position and you don't want to pay roaming charges then they'll pass you the unlock code.

Any expenses will be matched in the currency of your choice.

Cheers.

Shamrock Shore
Dublin

ludermor

SS
did you try one of them Hookie Dookie phone shops on Parnell Street usually run by africians? ve heard they can solve all phone problems.

Shamrock Shore

They will provide a turbo sim that cods the phone but to be honest it's not a long term solution. I got one on Fri after a bit of programming by some fella hidden in a cupboard off George's St. Worked for all of Fri but then conked out on Sat leaving me out of touch at Meath v Longford Leinster Minor semi final in Navan when I had serious texting to do to other Longfordians and Meathians dying for updates.

The forums out there seem to agree that only Orange can unlock it and I would prefer this permanent solution rather than the turbo sim.

Shamrock Shore

Bump

No one up North an Orange customer and is willing to help out?

Square Ball

SS, not a orange customer, but can you not get it done on the internet?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Shamrock Shore

No - it's what's called a BB5 phone and therefore hard to unblock

FermGael

Shamrock i had the same problem with the N95.  It was locked to the orange network and after some serious rows with orange i had to give up.
But ebay came to the rescue.  found some one on there.  sent the phone off.  It cost about £20 and it was unlocked.
But check their feedback before sending off your phone.  The fella i dealt with was very reliable.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

amallon

I'm an Ex Orange customer and got my old N95 (Not 8GB) unlock in Fone Works in Newry for £20.  I left it in on a Saturday morning they said they would have it ready that afternoon.  It took a week before I got it back, it had to be sent to Dublin.  My younger brother has been using it since with no problems reported.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Shamrock Shore

Meeting some bloke called Lionel tomorrow in Moore St Mall in Dublin who claims he can fully unblock it for €20.

More anon.