All day hangovers- why?

Started by nic, July 06, 2008, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nic

Why is it, after a nite on the razz, as you get older, hangovers mean you suffer for the entire day afterwards? Yet back in the day, we went out 4 nites in a row and still got up at 9 and made it to uni.  :-\

ziggysego

You talk alot about drink and hangovers... Have you a drink problem?
Testing Accessibility

nic

Quite possibly, but after suffering the whole livelong day yesterday- thats subject to change!
Plus sick of all the sectarian/political crap going on here at the mo.

ziggysego

Yeah, I'm sick of them threads too. As for day long hangovers, unfortunately that's one of the curses of getting older. I couldn't get out of bed on St. Patrick's Day.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

All day hangovers are the worst.....the only cure is another slug im afraid.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

FL/MAYO

Unfortunately it gets worse as you get older, they go from all day hangovers to 2 then 3 day hangovers. The only advise I can give is to start earlier in the day and finish earlier then you might get a good nights sleep which will help a little.

Tommy Tight Lips

out of the university game now just over a year and hangovers were never half as bad back in the day.i would find there that if i had a good weekend to myself i.e. 2 out of the 3 days or maybe even friday nite through till sunday nite id still be clean fucked on the tuesday during the week and only starting to come round the wednesday.of course the solution would be not to drink as much but for those of us who work hard enuf during the week then we are entitled to drink all weekend if we want!sadly the only way round a hangover as stiffler says is a good slug,should i suggest a few beer every day from monday on just to ease ur way through the week?? ;D ;D ;D

thewobbler

Two main reasons. One is that your tolerance gets better, and the other is that you generally have less time to sleep.

Sleep is the best cure in the world for a hangover. Sleeping 6 hours on 12 pints isn't.

Over the Bar

QuoteWhy is it, after a nite on the razz, as you get older, hangovers mean you suffer for the entire day afterwards?

over 40 now and havent had one for about 15 years.  drink 4 glasses of water / orange etc during the night when on the lash, then another 4 when you get in.   hey presto - no hangover!  tired yes, but no rotten head.

hitzelsperger

Made the mistake of drinkin a pint of water after every couple of pints one day when on the rip, my woman woke to find me pissin in her wardrobe at 5 in the mornin, still have no recollection of this incident!

stiffler

Quote from: hitzelsperger on July 06, 2008, 10:15:53 PM
Made the mistake of drinkin a pint of water after every couple of pints one day when on the rip, my woman woke to find me pissin in her wardrobe at 5 in the mornin, still have no recollection of this incident!

:D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tommy Tight Lips

i know a boy had a while habit of pishing in the middle of the nite,he got up outa bed,took his clothes off to go for a pish but walked downstairs and outside to do it.locked himself out of the house,had to ring doorbell to get back in,his ma came down stairs to see her son standing at the front door with no clothes on,she thot he had come home from the nite out like that,he had some crack trying to convince her otherwise and him still sideroads!!!

nic

Quote from: hitzelsperger on July 06, 2008, 10:15:53 PM

Dude- too much information!!!!

wherefromreferee?

All day hangovers are much better on Saturdays.  Sunday all day hangovers are real stinkers.  Thankfully, I had mine yesterday.  Just about feel right today.  Beat the water into you and you'll be fine.
In your Endo!

downgirl

Ah nic, I'm sure Ziggy would cook you a big fry to make you feel better!!