Leinster final Wexford v Dublin

Started by boro, July 04, 2008, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Havne't heard anything yet, i'd say its unlikely though, but they are in a bit of a quandary with the selection but don't expect too many changes. the backs will be the same with changes in midfield and the half forward line being the most likely areas.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 07, 2008, 09:05:27 AM
I imagine casey will be in for Moran. Connolly will probably start ahead of Flynn, may shift Keaney to 10. Whelan instead of Fennell and I don't know who will start at 12 , I heard Brogan is out. but he is highly unlikely to play all 3 midfielders.

Thats what I've heard too.

A Brogan to go full forward.

INDIANA

trying to isolate him on Wallace, but i doubt Wexford will give him the chance. could be a high scoring game. if it is i'd expect dublin to prevail.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 08, 2008, 12:08:49 PM
trying to isolate him on Wallace, but i doubt Wexford will give him the chance. could be a high scoring game. if it is i'd expect dublin to prevail.

Yeah Wallace isn't the fastest alright - would be very surprised if Ryan left him exposed for Brogan.

Tyrone Dreamer

I mentioned this elsewhere but whats the story with www.reservoirdubs.com? It says when you enter the site that its closed for the 12th of July celebrations and theres a picture of a union jack. Is this a joke or who's responsible?

Northside Dub

Id say its the lads that run the site just taking the piss :D
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

DUBSFORSAM1

Well its time we got this back to the top of the board (most important match of the summer so far)!!!

What is the likely Dublin team then??

Cluxton
Henry, Ross, Shaughnessy
Casey, Cullen, Cahill
Whelan, Ryan
Andrews, Sherlock, Connolly
Brogan, Keaney, Quinn

Assumptions that Moran doesn't win his case (ridiculous decision that it is) and that Brogan isn't fit.......Andrews probably only debatable call with McMenamon, Bonner, Flynn all options for the No10 Jersey as Caffrey likes a hard working defensive player there and unlikely to put Ryan there with Fennell in midfield...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 14, 2008, 10:50:25 PM
Well its time we got this back to the top of the board (most important match of the summer so far)!!!

What is the likely Dublin team then??

Cluxton
Henry, Ross, Shaughnessy
Casey, Cullen, Cahill
Whelan, Ryan
Andrews, Sherlock, Connolly
Brogan, Keaney, Quinn

Assumptions that Moran doesn't win his case (ridiculous decision that it is) and that Brogan isn't fit.......Andrews probably only debatable call with McMenamon, Bonner, Flynn all options for the No10 Jersey as Caffrey likes a hard working defensive player there and unlikely to put Ryan there with Fennell in midfield...
...and you think that Bonner one ?
While he has improved his work rate to be almost unrecognisable, he is most def not an intercounty half forward. FF line is his place. I also hope that half back line doesnt line out on sun - wex will most prob blow up before they even set foot in croker, and folk will think this half back line are good and will get destroyed in the next round.
The sooner 08 ends and cafrey and esp crozier are gone, the better.

DUBSFORSAM1

Lynchboy - I don't think Bonner is that guy but Flynn/Andrews haven't set the world alight and neither has McMenamon and he provides a physicality to the half forwards and can/would swap in and out with Keaney...

That halfback line only cause Moran will be suspended but he will be back for next game with Casey back to the bench...Though now it seems Nolan could end up starting ahead of Casey now...

heffo

Nolan in for Moran is what I hear..

liihb

heard the team is
Cluxton
Henry, Griffin, Shaughnessy
Nolan, Cullen, Cahill
Whelan, Ryan
Flynn/Bonner, Sherlock, Connolly
Brogan, Keaney, Quinn

Imagine after his performance the last day Connolly will end up closer to goal
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Uladh

Jinxy

Quote from: liihb on July 15, 2008, 10:06:38 AM
heard the team is
Cluxton
Henry, Griffin, Shaughnessy
Nolan, Cullen, Cahill
Whelan, Ryan
Flynn/Bonner, Sherlock, Connolly
Brogan, Keaney, Quinn

Imagine after his performance the last day Connolly will end up closer to goal

The Dubs get away with a lot, but the ref will spot this straight away.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

liihb

Nolan is a young lad from Crokes, was CHB on the 21s I think. Good player, but fairly young
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Jinxy

See GG wrote in his weekly column that Wexford haven't a hope and they will be bet out the gate. Very clever. I'd say he would be distraught if they made him eat his words.  ;D  8)
If you were any use you'd be playing.