Leinster final Wexford v Dublin

Started by boro, July 04, 2008, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boro

Really looking forward to this game. Should be a cracker, Wexford play a real attacking style of football so there is going to be loads of scores. The dubs will be hot favourities (and rightly so) but this Wexford team aren't to be underestimated.  I for one am hoping that our unbeaten record this year last for at least one more game.

What do the rest of ye think?

pedro

What's the odds on a Wexfod win? I really think they can beat the Dubs, they have some very good forwards, midfield is solid and while their defence mightn't be the tightest, they can raid up the field time after time. Wex by two
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Zulu

Really looking forward to this game too, I'm not sure Wexford can beat the Dubs though, Wallace at FB is a real weak link IMO. And I have my doubts about the Wexford midfield but it could be one of the games of the year if Wexford turn up. Will Wexford supporters turn out in big numbers I wonder?

heffo

Should be an open, exciting game unlike the Rugby league last weekend.

They're backs aren't up to this level imo, but have a few class acts up front. Cullen tends to struggle with roaming centre forwards, so I wouldn't imagine he'll follow him out too far.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 09:46:14 PM
What time is throw-in?

About 20 minutes after the sloshed Jackeens fall out of the local boozer  ;)

If Dublin repeat their performance of a week ago, they'll be beaten -- Matty's due a stormer after a somewhat indifferent and hot-and-cold display against Laois, and with Moran suspended the Dubs have their work cut out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Hope Wexford do their duty and dump the dirty Jackeens out into the qualifiers to be gobbled up by a non-Leinster team which would be the norm.

heffo

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 10:50:28 PM
Hope Wexford do their duty and dump the dirty Jackeens out into the qualifiers to be gobbled up by a non-Leinster team which would be the norm.

We'll leave the qualifiers to the likes of your crew, now that they've found their level again.

Derry certainly showed us the norm last year alright.

ONeill

Aye, cos winning Leinster has been the key to your success! Will Pillar ever learn?

heffo

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 11:05:08 PM
Aye, cos winning Leinster has been the key to your success! Will Pillar ever learn?

I'll text him and tell him some expert from Tyrone reckons Dublin shouldn't compete in Leinster anymore. Stick your house on the Dubs for Sam '09.

ONeill

If Pillar's the manager in 2009, well then you get all you deserve.

heffo

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 11:10:57 PM
If Pillar's the manager in 2009, well then you get all you deserve.

He's putting discreet feelers out for another year..

boro

Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:09:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2008, 11:05:08 PM

I'll text him and tell him some expert from Tyrone reckons Dublin shouldn't compete in Leinster anymore. Stick your house on the Dubs for Sam '09.

How about you take o'neills advice and go the qaulifier route. Let us win Leinster and ye can have sam :)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2008, 11:09:21 PM
Stick your house on the Dubs for Sam '09.

Are you still in that hovel on the banks of the Liffey?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...