North of Ireland trying to bask in Spain's Glory re Euro 2008

Started by T Fearon, July 01, 2008, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

Sanchez blowing his own trumpet in todays Star gave me a right giggle!! Their obviously not queing up at the door for him!! Arrogant twat!

stew

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 01, 2008, 07:36:15 PM
Bit cringewothy and typical of the sort of nonsense BBCNI call news but in fairness, I've definitely heard it quoted that Ireland were in only team to beat Italy in 90 minutes at USA 94.

Good point Tac.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GalwayBayBoy

Bit cringewothy and typical of the sort of nonsense BBCNI call news but in fairness, I've definitely heard it quoted that Ireland were in only team to beat Italy in 90 minutes at USA 94.

Well they did but that was in the actual tournament. Not in some qualifying game two years previously.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: hardstation on July 01, 2008, 11:44:50 PM
Quote from: stew on July 01, 2008, 11:27:05 PM

Good point Tac.
Sick listening to that balax.

Who stew? Seems a little harsh.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Captain Black

Things like this do tend to happen in countries who are shite at sports. ROI and NI both guilty of being shite at sport in general.

See the Compromise Rules back in October, we will obviously get another hammering then. Just hope we are not embarrassed in the physical stakes like last time.

red hander

Sure didn't the tuppeny-hapenny statelet beat Germany twice in the 80s when they were Euro champs?  That made them the best, i'll not say country, but artificially created zone of occupation in Europe.

The BBC report was so embarrassing I almost puked my ring up ... fair play to the last girl who told them she didn't give a fiddlers...

T Fearon

Little did she know it but that wee girl was articulating the views on 95% plus of the population of the 6 counties

Hardy

Main Street

rolloutking

See the new Fifa World Rankings came out today. Norn Iron sitting proudly in 33rd.

And where are the Republic of Ireland......

....41st

lmao

yiz are brutal!

ziggysego

True rollout

However Norn Iron are falling down the ranks, where as RoI are slowly moving up. It's only a matter of time ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

Quote from: rolloutking on July 02, 2008, 02:20:50 AM
Don't be so jealous of us. Just cos Cyprus give yiz the mother of all lickings.

We're not Brazil,
We're Norn Iron

You're not wrong there

rolloutking

QuoteYou're not wrong there

Obviously considering Brazil is in South America and Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom

stephenite

Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2008, 03:49:49 AM
QuoteYou're not wrong there

Obviously considering Brazil is in South America and Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom

And like Scotland, not a real country :D

rolloutking