Ciaran McDonald or Ronan Clarke?

Started by haveaharp, July 01, 2008, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Amazing how right footed players don't get criticised so much for being one footed.

EugeneGeraghty

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 04, 2008, 11:54:45 AM
Amazing how right footed players don't get criticised so much for being one footed.

I don't think anyone is criticising one footed players. It was a comment

ildanach

There is some amount of public house shite talk in this tread. You can not compare Mc Donald and Clarke as they are 2 completely different players who play in different positions. If you want to ask a question about players in different positions the most sensible thing to ask is if you had to pick one for   your team who would you pick? Personally I would have McDonald because without the supply into clarke he is not going to perform, wherease with mcdonald it is he who is providing the ammuntion for players like clarke.
I will however ask another question who would you pay to see play Clarke or McDonald? Once again I would have to say McDonald - outstanding foot passer of the ball and a scorer of some outrageous points,  thats entertainment worth paying to see

-disclaimer my opinion is in no way to do with my mayo bias ;)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Frank Casey

Clarke - does exactly what is says on the tin and effectively.

McDonald - like that rhyme - when he's good, he's very, very good, when he's bad, he's horrid.

I'll say first that even though Maurice Fitz played a few poor games for Kerry he still played alot of good ones and some sublime ones.  There were times that you'd just look at him a think - "so thats what it is"

So.......................

For the sheer joy of what he might do, not for what he's won or anything, I'd have McDonald.
KERRY 3:7

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Right lads its time to knock this topic in the head cos it's all getting a little too homo erotic for my liking. Lets all agree to disagree CMcD is/was a very decent player nothing more nothing less, forget about about the teamwork debate the dreads, the kick passing without the outside of the boot! Lets just judge him on what he is, a very decent player who has performed at an decent standard in what is the most entertaining and skilled amatuer sport in the world.  

Uladh

I'm not sure i get your point - he desn't lift a hand to get the ball back in that clip either?

that is a valid enough criticism from earley to be honest