Man Flu

Started by screenexile, July 01, 2008, 10:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 02, 2008, 05:20:03 PM
I dont see what the big deal is myself?

I think it's a great myth - it's a pity men didn't think of it first - I'd love to take a day off work because I've a "man problem" or excuse my actions because it's the time in the month. 

Yep next time you punch some-one in the face, you can just say 'sorry about that, the aul testosterone level is very high at the minute'.

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on July 03, 2008, 02:45:06 AM
A chance for a date with me. I'd have wined and dined her. Spoilt her with lots of little presents and taken her breath away with a huge surprise I would have organised for her. I'm good like that :)

if she doesnt consent - thats sexual assault, or assault with a deadly weapon. Might want to re-think the tactics. Or get some tictacs ;)

Rick O Shea

And there was me thinking you started a thread called man flu & said u had a dose of man flu, and go on to say that man flu is

"The condition shared by all males wherein a common illness (usually a mild cold) is presented by the patient as life-threatening.

This is also known as 'Fishing for Sympathy' or 'Chronic Exaggeration'"

Then when you are confronted about attending the screen game you say you have the actual flu.

I'm pretty sure colds & the severity of colds affect people in different ways.  I didn't know YOU were a doctor as well as a teacher & mortgage advisor.

p.s. suck it up and get back to work!

el_cuervo_fc

anybody had this oul bitch of a cowl recently?  I have it at the minute, up all last night vomitting and had to leave work at lunch time today.  It's a nasty one  :(

pintsofguinness

I notice a lot of people sick with it, I'd it for the whole of November, I can't go through it agian  :'(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

el_cuervo_fc

It's knocked me for 6.  Xmas do on friday, I'll maybe have to beat the hot whiskeys into me to bring me round

milltown row

I've had my scarf on for over a month in work, fire blazing at home and heating on, any kids that sneeze i send then home. haven't had "man flu" for maybe 15 years, fingers crossed ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Well I might drag myself into work tomorrow to see if i can get it spread about.

thebandit

I have an ear infection, the cousin of man flu.

pintsofguinness

Well Id a chest infection, dr said.

maggie

ok, not a man but dosed to the eyeballs.
i blame the children and their germs.

pints- did it hurt everytime you took a breath?
feel like someone is kneeling on my chest.

Minder

Youse would all need to tighten yourselves up a bit. I have been sick (non alcohol related) about 4-5 days in my life.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maggie on December 09, 2008, 09:22:26 PM
ok, not a man but dosed to the eyeballs.
i blame the children and their germs.

pints- did it hurt everytime you took a breath?
feel like someone is kneeling on my chest.

Yeah, deep breaths hurt.

It was the coughing that near killed me though, I didnt know what a bad cough was until then.  A constast, persistent cough, i'd to cough to take a breath.  desperate.

Treasurer

I've a dose on me tonight, was looking forward to a hot port, but there's none left  :(

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on December 09, 2008, 09:23:07 PM
Youse would all need to tighten yourselves up a bit. I have been sick (non alcohol related) about 4-5 days in my life.
This from the boy that was boking his ring up on Sunday past so he's had plenty of alcohol related illness!