Treat GAA players with respect

Started by illdecide, June 30, 2008, 04:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Zapatista

It not only young drunks who only attend championship matchs acting like this, there are examples of this board amoung (what I assume) sober adults.

Goats Do Shave

In an attempt to 'sober up' this conversation - it's very easy to lose the run of yourself on Championship Sunday!! - I found myself shouting a couple of times at referee decsions at the week end, before I caught myself on!

Even the Down subs were continually asked by stewards to watch their language!  :D

5 Sams

Quote from: corn02 on July 01, 2008, 12:42:44 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Teddy bears thing about?

The locals in Camlough had teddy bears wearing Down jersies with nooses around their necks hanging from lamp posts in 2005....one of them had Linden 13 on the back.

Classy people.
The Aristocrat Years

Onion Bag

That is unreal, i also heard one about a graffiti in lurgan somewhere a few years back, making reference to Peter Canavan and his father dying, and that him lifting the coffin will be the only thing he will be lifting that particular year, i think it was 03 and funny enough he did lift the Sam that year, Can anyone let us know if this is true
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 01, 2008, 01:54:53 PM
That is unreal, i also heard one about a graffiti in lurgan somewhere a few years back, making reference to Peter Canavan and his father dying, and that him lifting the coffin will be the only thing he will be lifting that particular year, i think it was 03 and funny enough he did lift the Sam that year, Can anyone let us know if this is true
Dunno if that is true, it's not an original story anyway.  The original concerned Celtic & Rangers - Think it was Duncan Ferguson who said that about Tony Mowbray(who's wife had just died of cancer), he was rightly slapped by Mark Hately and fair play to Attila for doing so.

illdecide

I'm from Lurgan and know nothing about that, infact there is no way anyone would have gotten away with that. Surley no-one is capable of something like that...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

Quote from: illdecide on July 01, 2008, 02:08:36 PM

I'm from Lurgan and know nothing about that, infact there is no way anyone would have gotten away with that. Surley no-one is capable of something like that...

An urban myth illdecide, like the teddy bear thing i'm sure.

5 Sams

Quote from: Uladh on July 01, 2008, 02:12:34 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 01, 2008, 02:08:36 PM

An urban myth illdecide, like the teddy bear thing i'm sure.

It's no urban myth Uladh....I saw it with my own eyes.....as I said before.....classy people.
The Aristocrat Years

Uladh

fair enough 5sams but i never heard of anything like that and it's very close to where i live and i'd have been in camlough on a daily basis round that time.

Zapatista

Quote from: Uladh on July 01, 2008, 02:22:48 PM

fair enough 5sams but i never heard of anything like that and it's very close to where i live and i'd have been in camlough on a daily basis round that time.

If you go down to the woods today your in for a big suprise.

thebandit

Quote from: Uladh on July 01, 2008, 11:48:59 AM

The aristocrats of Ulster

What a sc**bag.... was he inside the ground with it?

The content is very ironic given the past exploits of one of his own.....

5 Sams

I'm not trying to be smart here Uladh but we were on a bus going through Camlough heading for Clones that Sunday and it took a few of us elder citizens all our time to stop a few of our young bucks getting of the bus to climb the lamp posts in question. There would have been trouble.
The Aristocrat Years

Uladh

I'll take your word for it. we don't reallly class camlough as south armagh anyway!

mayoman dan

Ciaran mc Donald and David Brady got worse abuse from so called Mayo FANS than they ever got from another counties supporters.