Uilleann Pipes - Starting Out

Started by downgirl, June 30, 2008, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Black

Quote from: downgirl on June 30, 2008, 03:57:12 PM
and for once i agree with ziggy, captain black you are the one that said about my picture or something, if you really want to see it u can check out my bebo!!

and ziggy i still havent forgiven you for suggesting it was me driving that lexus over the porsche and celica!!

link for said bebo?

downgirl

Quote from: Captain Black on June 30, 2008, 04:24:22 PM
Quote from: downgirl on June 30, 2008, 03:57:12 PM
and for once i agree with ziggy, captain black you are the one that said about my picture or something, if you really want to see it u can check out my bebo!!

and ziggy i still havent forgiven you for suggesting it was me driving that lexus over the porsche and celica!!

link for said bebo?

its my website thingy on here...if you can't find it my bebo name is the same as my username on here!

Captain Black

Will have a gander at it later so.

whiskeysteve

hey downgirl

just had a bit of a peek at your bebo - what can I say, you are a bit of a fox!!

Musically talented as well it seems, some folks have it all  ;)
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

downgirl

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 30, 2008, 04:38:09 PM
hey downgirl

just had a bit of a peek at your bebo - what can I say, you are a bit of a fox!!

Musically talented as well it seems, some folks have it all  ;)

are you taking the mick whiskeysteve??

Captain Black

Whats goin on here, jesus i wish these hoors would allow me on bebo >:(

Denn Forever

Keep up with it.  My Nephew who is pretty good musically couldn't raise a note on a practice set.  Get someone to give you a lesson.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

downgirl

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 30, 2008, 04:57:13 PM
Keep up with it.  My Nephew who is pretty good musically couldn't raise a note on a practice set.  Get someone to give you a lesson.

Really? So maybe the reeds are there and all?  I might investigate later...I take it u can take off the top of the chanter?

downgirl

Quote from: Captain Black on June 30, 2008, 04:56:37 PM
Whats goin on here, jesus i wish these hoors would allow me on bebo >:(

why can't you get on bebo?

ONeill

That's a good price.

My advice is to make sure you take lessons. You'll not be able to teach yourself the ornamentation and will only learn bad habits or throw the head up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

downgirl

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2008, 05:06:47 PM
That's a good price.

My advice is to make sure you take lessons. You'll not be able to teach yourself the ornamentation and will only learn bad habits or throw the head up.

Yea I will have to try and find someone actually, did Scór a few years ago and one of the fellas in our group played the pipes but I have no idea where he is now I don't have his number or anything even...You wouldn't happen to know anyone in the East Down area that teaches would you??

The Gs Man

Quote from: downgirl on June 30, 2008, 04:08:04 PM
yea its different for the E and F# or something isnt it?  and the thumb hole as well do you take your thumb off just for the higher octave?  I should probably try and get a few lessons with someone actually even just to get me started off...  Gs man, I take it you have been playing for a long time then!  Did you look at the link I posted for the ones I bought?  How do they look to you?  To be honest you can tell they aren't made by a skilled craftsman, theres traces of glue over the bellows and all, but at the same time I suppose I can't complain for the price I got them for!  The thing I would be worried about with bringing them to someone to get the reeds fitted is if I bring it to someone who makes them he will be like oh well she didn't buy them off me type thing... :-\

Hey, nah I can't play a note......but I lived with this lanyard for 20 years and he poisoned the life out of me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF--f7JxFPk
Keep 'er lit

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

Aye, he's a talented hoor right enough.  I wouldn't tell him it but.
Keep 'er lit