C McManus
D Clerkin
S Gollogly
R Woods
V Corey
T Freeman

Good to see Butsy back

bingobus

Not the wholesale changes I would have thought were needed. Only changes are enforced bar Butsy in goals which is only right. He may shuffle the pack a bit by the time the teams take to the field.

Can't see that team defeating Derry unless Derry really have thrown the towel in and show up to get a feed after the game!

Also, think that it is massively unfair that club games for 8 of the senior teams have been fixed for Sunday if they get beat on Saturday. These teams won't have the full benefit of their county players and once again a club game is fixed to "get it done and out of the way". This doesn't affect our  club but still think it is massively unfair. May as well have played star games.

timmyot501

rumour has it Finlay's appeal has failed.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: timmyot501 on July 18, 2008, 11:47:33 AM
rumour has it Finlay's appeal has failed.

I would have thought that was a non-starter anyhow. Couldn't ever see him playin in this one..

Regarding the line out I'd reckon it'll be something along the lines of:

P McBennett

D Mone                          JP Mone

D Hughes

D Freeman                          P McGuigan

D Clerkin E Lennon B McKenna D McArdle

R Woods

S Gollogly                             C McManus

V Corey   T Freeman

with McManus, Gollogly, D Freeman & McGuigan alternating between defense and attack. If we can compete in mid-field then it's not dramatically different to last year. As I said before though, if they don't believe they can do it then I reckon will end our interest..

glenullinabu

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2008, 08:22:45 PM
Quote from: glenullinabu on July 15, 2008, 12:04:14 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 06, 2008, 01:25:47 PM
Quote from: jimbob123 on July 04, 2008, 12:53:30 AM
kevin mcguckin was the star performer against fermanagh in our defence

Are you serious???? McGuckian let stood off his man for the entire match and then tried to shephard him out with the ball...a defender should be trying to get the ball first day and if that fails then shephard the forward out...he seems to be doing it all wrong IMO.

be careful - some people think yuve got a pick on him if you dont hail him as the best man we have ::)

Well let me set the record straight....I've got no pick on him I just think he hasnt had a good game since he broke his leg. Maybe the head isnt right or maybe its fitness...I dont know but he's not the player he was a year and a half ago.

i totally agree

glenullinabu

derry to win and paddy & eoin to run riot

Uladh

marty88

Quote from: marty88 on July 12, 2008, 01:11:14 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 12, 2008, 01:08:04 AM
Quote from: marty88 on July 12, 2008, 01:05:52 AM
Could anyone please tell me if this game is on the tele and if you can watch it stateside!? Thanks..
It's on TV3. That's as much as i know. Doubt it's online. Best bet is probably online radio - northernsound.ie or another local/regional station broadcasting on the net. That's my plan.

if its on tv3 does that not mean that setanta are covering it worldwide?

Just to let folks know, the kevar in san francisco are showing all three gaa games live tomorrow morning.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Paddy1804

Eoin shouldn' start - he's a huffy, selfish wee shite and he really isn't that good - overrated in my humble opinion.  Devlin should start... 

A spell on the line would do him good.  Also the biggest mistake Crozier made was making McCloy Captain, he's another who shouldn't make the team, been woeful all year.  Think Sean Marty & Mickey McGoldrick are big, big losses.  Plus, he needs to work out once and for all where to play Lynch to get the best out of him.  I don't blame Lynch, I blame Crozier for not knowing where to play him.

Also, rumour has it that McCloskey's doing everything at training, with Crozier looking on..  Any truth in it?

orangeman

Eoin Bradley is as good a player as there is in the country at the minute - he might be a lot of other things, I don't know, but I do know that he is a fantastic footballer - maybe even better than Paddy.

Any word of the Derry team - talk of 8 changes ??

Jinxy

Disgraceful play-acting by Dick Clerkin. Maybe the CCC should start looking at this craic.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Doherty would want to learn to keep his hands to himself. He was lucky.

orangeman

Well done to Monaghan -

Question : Why did Paddy Crozier NOT play his best side ??

Did he want to get beat ?

Does this signal the end of Paddy's reign in Derry ?

Yet again, being National League champs means nothing !

haranguerer

Didnt see that coming! Well done mhan, they clearly used their time off well.