The Clones Carpet

Started by Leo, June 30, 2008, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Gael

Downredblack, for future reference there is a turn off abouot a mile before Clones to the right. End of that road go left and you are straight in to the back of the ground. We were home in good time on Sunday, but then again we werent in the mood to hang about.

downredblack

Thks. Gael but I was heading for Dublin , came into Clones from Smithborough direction and parked way out the road but still a nightmare getting away clear .

cavanmaniac

Isn't there supposed to be some sort of law - I've seen it enforced in some pubs here - that if you're buying a drink for consumption outside, you get it served in a 'plastic glass.' In England if you buy a bottled beer, they'll automatically pour it into a plastic glass if you're going outside; in fact, they do it some places as a blanket approach whether you indicate you're going outside or not. Seems to me it would solve some of the problems in Clones at least as far as broken glass strewn all over the street is concerned.

Of course, the real problem here is the general public only behaving as loutishly as the lack of enforcement of laws and decent standards of behaviour allow them to. The members of our glorious Garda Síochána, who think their sole purpose is to shut pubs on a Saturday night and do the odd checkpoint for tax and insurance, should be more active here, as should the various proprietors. But one prefers to look the other way when something helpful can be done, and the other will be more interested in money for as long as they're allowed ignore their other duties.

Hardy

I thought it was illegal altogether to drink outside.

downredblack

Pub across from Creighton's had a man on the door transferring drink from glass to plastic of anyone going in or coming out of the place , think it was more to do with them running out of glasses than anything else .

Maguire01

Quote from: downredblack on July 01, 2008, 03:43:12 PM
Pub across from Creighton's had a man on the door transferring drink from glass to plastic of anyone going in or coming out of the place , think it was more to do with them running out of glasses than anything else .

Or people with bottles from their own carry-out.

Leo

Two big games for Clones on 19th & 20th.
Time to check out who is acting responsibly:
Ulster Council?
Monaghan County Council?
Clones Traders?
Vintners?
"Suppporters"?
Doubtful on all counts yet you can put your money on with Paddy Power now that whoever the poor referee is on either of these days (and who WILL do his Best) will get more criticsm out of the weekend than any of the above.
Fierce tame altogether