Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I heard abotu that but did not see it on tv.

Goats Do Shave

It was Big McKenna, he kicked the ball away & the Fermanagh lads pushed him, he pushed back, probably didn't realise the linesman was one of those who he pushed.

corn02

Sounds like nothing. I was surprised to see him come on , would prefer Sweift and ONeill  but to be honest, I have not see n overly much of him.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: southdown on July 23, 2008, 01:51:32 PM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone see the Armagh sub who was warming up pushing the linesman in the second half?  In light of the whole Paul Galvin scenario, he would be lucky to get away with that

Saw that. Joe McQuillan shot a look in the referees direction as to say "I've just been manhandled" but then realised that the sub wasn't on the field. What can the referee do in these circumstances, send the sub to the stands and not permit him to come on/warm up???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 23, 2008, 02:18:33 PM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone see the Armagh sub who was warming up pushing the linesman in the second half?  In light of the whole Paul Galvin scenario, he would be lucky to get away with that

Saw that. Joe McQuillan shot a look in the referees direction as to say "I've just been manhandled" but then realised that the sub wasn't on the field. What can the referee do in these circumstances, send the sub to the stands and not permit him to come on/warm up???

Yup a straight red still bans him for a month...At least!

Onion Bag

He pushed a fermanagh player not the linesman,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

southdown

sammymaguire

Everyone seems to think Fermanagh have missed the boat. I disagree. This game will have got rid of the nerves and tension and will allow the Erne men to lose the shackles and play the football they played in the last 25 minutes last Sunday for the full 70 minutes this Sunday. Armagh are nowhere near as fit as Fermanagh and will need to take another 8 point lead with less than 20 on the clock if they are going to hold on this weekend....

ARMAGH 1-10 FERMANAGH 1-13  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Onion Bag

Take your Red and Black glasses off son, He pushed the fermangh player and the linesman was behind him
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

corn02

Quote from: sammymaguire on July 23, 2008, 02:45:42 PM
This game will have got rid of the nerves and tension

Surely nerves was not a big factor?

sammymaguire

Quote from: corn02 on July 23, 2008, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on July 23, 2008, 02:45:42 PM
This game will have got rid of the nerves and tension

Surely nerves was not a big factor?

NONE OF THESE FERMANAGH LADS HAVE PLAYED IN AN ULSTER FINAL, SOME NOT EVEN IN A FERMANAGH COUNTY FINAL. THE HYPE AND THE BUZZ IN THE COUNTY WAS FANTASTIC LAST WEEK

THERE WERE NERVES, IT WAS PLAIN TO SEE HOW THEY PERFORMED IN THE 1ST HALF WITH SOME BASIC MISTAKES AND SOME PLAYERS AFRAID TO MAKE MISTAKES, TAKE CHANCES OR LOSING THEIR HEAD A LITTLE.

IF THERE WEREN'T THEN THEY WERE EITHER NOT BOTHERED OR NOT HUMAN.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

corn02

So Armagh making basic mistakes in the second half was nerves too?

Plenty of them ahve played in an All-Ireland semi, those lads would not be too bothered about nerves.

sammymaguire

Armagh were outplayed and outclassed in the 2nd half after Fermanagh decided to go for broke...

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!