Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Was sent this pic tonight from a Fermanagh yokel...

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Off The Fence

from BBC Sport

The Armagh team to face Fermanagh in Sunday's Ulster SFC final at Clones shows two changes from that which defeated Down at the semi-final stage.

Aaron Kernan and Brian Mallon come into the side for Brendan Donaghy and Paddy McKeever but Oisin McConville is not named in the starting line-up.

Fermanagh manager Malachy O'Rourke has named an unchanged line-up.

Barry Owens, who came off the bench to score a goal in the semi-final win over Derry, is again named a substitute.

Glentoran midfielder Shane McCabe is also on the bench for the Ernemen.

Marty McGrath captains the side from midfield, Ryan McCluskey starts at his usual centre-half back berth and Liam McBarron starts at full-forward.

Erne boss O'Rourke had indicated that Owens, who is returning after heart surgery, would not be a starter for Fermanagh in the decider but may play a part in the game.

"He won't start - a fit Barry Owens would obviously be an automatic starter," he told the Irish News.

"I think it would be asking too much. He has only played a wee bit of club football.

"He played 15 minutes against Derry and hopefully he will be fit to play some more the next day.

"The day after the Derry game I was talking to him and even though he played ony 15 minutes he was absolutely exhausted and very sore. It took an awful lot out of him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armagh: P Hearty, A Mallon, F Bellew, F Moriarty, A Kernan, A O'Rourke, C McKeever, P McGrane, K Toner, C Vernon, B Mallon, M O'Rourke, S McDonnell, R Clarke, S Kernan.

Fermanagh: R Gallagher, S Goan, S McDermott, P Sherry, D Kelly, R MCCluskey, T McElroy, M McGrath (c), M Murphy, C McElroy, J Sherry, R Keenan, E Maguire, L McBarron, M Little.

Referee:

Off The Fence

Strongest possible team Armagh could line out!

Having watched Armagh on a number of occasions this year, have to say it is great to see Brian Mallon in for Paddy McKeever, will offer Armagh more in attack and give them alot more options.

Armagh by 4

orangeman

Does anyone have a seating plan for Clones ??

Off The Fence

Whats your seats? Could take a good guess!

Armagh4sam2k8!!!

Too all the Fermanagh fans out there that think this match is going to be a so called 'Walk in the park' let me correct you now!! Our boys r out to win nd are as hungry as ever! No doubt that the Fermanagh men will not go dwn without a fight but the boys in Orange will b the champions on the day! May i remind the Fermanagh fans that Armagh have won the Ulster title 13 times 6 of which have been in the last 10 years nd with any luck the 14th title is just around the conner,,, but then again we dont need LUCK!!!

Real1995

Vernon
                                   McGrane                 Toner

O'Rourke                                   Mallon
                                                    Sk

Is this how we think they will line out round the middle with AOR as a sweeper and Mcdonnell and Clarke as a two man full forward line  ???
Nice guys always finish second!

Uladh

Quote from: Armagh4sam2k8!!! on July 18, 2008, 01:24:09 AM
Too all the Fermanagh fans out there that think this match is going to be a so called 'Walk in the park' let me correct you now!! Our boys r out to win nd are as hungry as ever! No doubt that the Fermanagh men will not go dwn without a fight but the boys in Orange will b the champions on the day! May i remind the Fermanagh fans that Armagh have won the Ulster title 13 times 6 of which have been in the last 10 years nd with any luck the 14th title is just around the conner,,, but then again we dont need LUCK!!!

Jaysus o'neill, i knew you were bored last night when you started praising gilberto but give it a rest

maddog

Very happy with the line out particularly the FF line, think SK might be better employed closer to goal in the long run but can't knock his performances to date (proved wrong from last year)
Always have liked the look of Brian Mallon at CHF, along with Vernon a bit of ball carrying ability wont go amiss with MOR to win the scrappy ball. Will McGrane last the 70 (fitness wise)?
Haven't seen enough of Fermanagh to call it but they are bound to be straining at the leash if nothing else. I think we will learn a lot about both sides worth on Sunday.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2008, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 15, 2008, 11:32:53 PM
I think Mallon will get the nod on Sunday. O'Rourke and Vernon will not be pushed too far back and Armagh will get through by 4.

First part right, lets hope the rest is too.

Do you always make a point of congratulating yourself?! Modesty!

corn02

I certainly do. By the way I would like to congratulate myself on learning how to use Betfair. Well done me, got help from a poster too.

Our Nail Loney

Anyway, will get the prediction out of the way here

Armagh by four or five

Possibly 0-14 1-7

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Owenmoresider

Best of luck to Fermanagh tomorrow, would be great to see ye win it.

stew

If Fermanagh win tomorrow fair play to them, I dont think they will be within 5 points of Armagh. Perdiction. Armagh 2-13 Fermanagh 0-12.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.