Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Honestly Real? I would have MOR as one of a few with a cemented starting place.

Congrats BTW ;)

Onion Bag

After Kerry getting beat yesterday, there is no doubt the importance of winning the ulster now, There a lot of big teams in the qualifiers and we would want to avoid those teams for as long as possible, If we beat Fermanagh, and get a favourable draw in the quarter final, we could find ourselves sitting nicely in the semi, where i would love to meet the dubs coz i wud fancy our chances against them, then after that it wouldnt really matter. But we cannot afford to take our eye off the ball, it happened in 04 and that was an all ireland that we threw away. ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

armaghniac

QuoteAfter Kerry getting beat yesterday, there is no doubt the importance of winning the ulster now

Are you sure?  If both Armagh and Kerry had won then we could not have met Kerry until the final. Is it not the case that if we lose the final that we will not meet Kerry until the semi, but if we win the final we could meet them in quarters?

If Armagh do win, they will have been as or more dominant in Ulster in recent years than Kerry have been in Munster!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armamike

Martin O'Rourke, as annoying and frustrating as he is, has to start. If Peter McDonnell can get others to win more breaking ball then great, but without MOR in the team we struggle in this department. The second half against Down showed that Paul McGrane can't do everything on his own - there was no one winning the breaks for Armagh.

I just wish MOR would cut out all the shite and concentrate on what he's good at, i.e. getting his hands on the ball and moving it on.  
That's just, like your opinion man.

Onion Bag

Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2008, 04:46:15 PM
QuoteAfter Kerry getting beat yesterday, there is no doubt the importance of winning the ulster now

Are you sure?  If both Armagh and Kerry had won then we could not have met Kerry until the final. Is it not the case that if we lose the final that we will not meet Kerry until the semi, but if we win the final we could meet them in quarters?

If Armagh do win, they will have been as or more dominant in Ulster in recent years than Kerry have been in Munster!!

I know what you're saying,  but what i mean is, with Kerry in the qualifiers they will have to come through a few bruising encounters, there is a few good teams in there and i am happy to sit back and let them cut each others throats.

tyssam5

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 07, 2008, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2008, 04:46:15 PM

I know what you're saying,  but what i mean is, with Kerry in the qualifiers they will have to come through a few bruising encounters, there is a few good teams in there and i am happy to sit back and let them cut each others throats.

Won't they only have to play one game to get to the quarters now as they are beaten finalists?

Guess they deserve it after the tough task of winning one game (priced at 1/200)

Erne Gael

We can play football and we can sing...

Is there anything we can't do!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBijQzm9H0A

Uladh

I'm warning you o'neill...

if you say a wprd agin that wonderful song you'll be a pariah of this community

Maximus Marillius

Fermangh played mayo in a friendly behind closed doors and got well beaten.

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: Erne Gael on July 08, 2008, 12:42:39 PM
Quote from: Skiddybadoo on July 08, 2008, 11:34:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBijQzm9H0A

The answer, sadly, is Win Ulster.

Ah, c'mon now... no need for that!!!

Watching those two clips it is hard not to be smitten with the infectious spirit of Fermanagh's first final in all these years.  If I weren't from Armagh, I'd def be roaring you on.

In saying that, I will be dlighted for you if you win, but only if I know that the Armagh team has left 100% on the field.  Armagh can not be complacent in any way shape or form, and should be going out with a ruthless desire to crush your hopes mercilessly for the 70 mins.   Our sqaud haven't been busting their humps all year to give anyone a pity win.  And only the smallest speck of complacency would see our downfall.  I do believe Armagh have a stronger squad, but this is a 50/50 game.  This is going to be a very tough encounter for us and I hope or boys show as much hunger as the Fermanagh team will undoubtly display.  For a win, nothing less will suffice.

Good luck Fermanagh.  May the best team win.

T Fearon

I see another record making occasion on Sunday when Armagh become the first team to beat Fermanagh in two Ulster Finals ;D

PS I see young Mc Cabe was playing for Glentoran against the PSNI last Saturday and Mc Cluskey is touting for a return to Irish League soccer. Shows where the priorities of some of the Erne Men's key players lie ;D

Onion Bag

I see Mc Conville is pushing hard in training for a place, any thoughts from anyone? i would personally rather he wasnt starting, happy to a certain extent with the guys that have been playing and coming on as subs.