Best place in Ireland

Started by Keepthefaith93, June 27, 2008, 08:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepthefaith93

Where is the best place to go in Ireland for a nice quiet 2 or 3 day break?

Billys Boots

Mullinalaghta will be quiet on Saturday evening.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

balladmaker

QuoteWhere is the best place to go in Ireland for a nice quiet 2 or 3 day break?

Anywhere in Co. Down will be pretty quiet from approx. 5.30PM on Sunday evening.

I recommend a couple of nights in the Seaview Hotel, Gweedore, Co. Donegal, sampling some of the finest Guinness in Ireland.

DoYerJob Linesman

Ballinderry by the shores of Lough Neagh.  Whether you enjoy scenic walks, water sports, having a pint in one of the local hosteleries or simply people watching at the bridge, we have it all.

PM me for details of the best places to stay.  A visit to nearby Moortown is also highly recommended.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

The Corporal

Druids Glen in Wicklow is quite a nice spot too. Lovely hotel, golf course, set in a peaceful atmosphere, very nice indeed

DoYerJob Linesman

Well I never, you try to help someone and this is the kind of response you get!

As they said in the old Harp advert..

"We don't like your type around here."

>:(
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

girt_giggler

gander

Thought Sligo was pretty good.  If your just looking to chill out Rossnowlagh is a great spot.

Yes I Would

Enjoy Donegal myself. Up around Dungloe can be nice but it usually pisses. Lobster Pot in Burtonport does mighty fine grub!!

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

I'm quite fond of Westport.
Testing Accessibility

Yes I Would

You can take the man out of West Belfast, but you cant take West Belfast out of the man!!

Goats Do Shave

Donegal Town is a good base...

illdecide

Courtown Harbour in Co Wexford is some spot...Had many a good night in there.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch