Best place in Ireland

Started by Keepthefaith93, June 27, 2008, 08:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Hard to beat the Kingdom for weekends away, especially if the weather is good. Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Dingle/West Kerry. Lovely country, nice pubs and restaurants. Good for football chats as welll :D

A couple of years ago I spent a weekend in Dingle, headed out for a jar to Ventry and Paidi's pub. It's a real memorabilia fix for a GAA junkie. The man himself was there as well, but he was in one of his 'surly' moods. I've met him other times when he'd talk the hind leg off an ass.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2008, 05:29:28 PM
Hard to beat the Kingdom for weekends away, especially if the weather is good. Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Dingle/West Kerry. Lovely country, nice pubs and restaurants. Good for football chats as welll :D

A couple of years ago I spent a weekend in Dingle, headed out for a jar to Ventry and Paidi's pub. It's a real memorabilia fix for a GAA junkie. The man himself was there as well, but he was in one of his 'surly' moods. I've met him other times when he'd talk the hind leg off an ass.

i think he does be in those moods a lot Az we were down there playing football one weekend and you would swear he swallowed a thistle
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

Is that what it's called now ?  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

5 Sams

He's a moody hoor at the best of times....if you get a chance to talk to Mark or Tomas its a different story....sound as f**k.....if you are in Dingle you should give Tommy Griffins pub a shout....great crack and he'll talk football with you all night.....sound fella.
The Aristocrat Years

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2008, 02:07:35 PM
Donegal. Around An Clochan Liath or Gaoth Dobhair. I wouldn't say that the Seaview is a quiet spot at weekends. The Lobster Pot in Burtonport does do nice grub but don't get yourself thrown out for trying to rob a jersey from the ceiling.

Spent most of my childhood summers in Maghery just beyond Dungloe. Fantastic place.

Fishbat

Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2008, 01:59:08 PM
I'm quite fond of Westport.

Yip great spot, and lots to do - great base for touring about Mayo, plenty of hills, plenty of pubs, plenty of grubs, plenty of Mackeral

peterquaife

Quote from: illdecide on June 27, 2008, 05:26:33 PM
Courtown Harbour in Co Wexford is some spot...Had many a good night in there.

if getting death stares from Dubs wearing head to toe urban combat wear floats yer boat....place is an absolute grip, lasted about an hour there a fews years back, then got the flock out, headed to Kilkenny for the weekend, had a super time

would recommend north / west donegal

PQ

gawa316

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 28, 2008, 09:27:43 PM

He's a moody hoor at the best of times....if you get a chance to talk to Mark or Tomas its a different story....sound as f**k.....if you are in Dingle you should give Tommy Griffins pub a shout....great crack and he'll talk football with you all night.....sound fella.

Heading down to Dingle for the 12th week. Been chatting to some folk who have been before and they say the place has a different climate (for the better) to the rest of Ireland, is this true?

Plus going camping, so if ye could recommend any sites I'd be grateful

5 Sams

[/quote]

Heading down to Dingle for the 12th week. Been chatting to some folk who have been before and they say the place has a different climate (for the better) to the rest of Ireland, is this true?

[/quote]

You can say that again GAWA....it changes every 5 minutes :D

seriously though it is very mild....all the time....plus the Gulf Stream means you can swim in the sea right up until the middle of September and beyond......not sure of camps sites..you'd be as well asking the the local tourist office

Dingle Tourist Office
Strand Street, Dingle
Telephone +353-66-9151188

The Aristocrat Years

gawa316

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 02, 2008, 03:24:06 PM

[/quote]

You can say that again GAWA....it changes every 5 minutes :D

seriously though it is very mild....all the time....plus the Gulf Stream means you can swim in the sea right up until the middle of September and beyond......not sure of camps sites..you'd be as well asking the the local tourist office

Dingle Tourist Office
Strand Street, Dingle
Telephone +353-66-9151188

[/quote]

Good man cheers for that.

As long as it doesn't rain I'll be happy, never a day goes by up here were there isn't a drop

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2008, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on June 29, 2008, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2008, 02:07:35 PM
Donegal. Around An Clochan Liath or Gaoth Dobhair. I wouldn't say that the Seaview is a quiet spot at weekends. The Lobster Pot in Burtonport does do nice grub but don't get yourself thrown out for trying to rob a jersey from the ceiling.

Spent most of my childhood summers in Maghery just beyond Dungloe. Fantastic place.
Pat the Cope the first is from there.

Pat the Cope is sound as they get, top man, met him through work and he couldnt do enough for you
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gawa316

Whats the weather like in Kerry at the minute and what's the forscast for the next week? Headin tomorrow and could do with out the oul rain

rosnarun

Park inn in mullranny .sun sea sand golf fishing mountainclimbing and its mayo
but best of all there a old railway station Just like in ''The Station Agent'' and its for sale
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere