St Jean de Monts France

Started by Armaghtothebone, June 24, 2008, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Anyone know anywhere where an eejit who let his Mrs. book the summer holiday might watch the game on Sunday near St Jean de Monts.Anywhere within 50 miles that would be showing it would be fine.
Really need to have the info before I go as we fly on ....Sunday morning.

Any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks

AZOffaly

I think there's an Irish pub there. I drove through it last Sunday week on the way from Saint Gilles to Noirmoutier. I can't remember the name, but it's down near the Seafront. They might show it, because I think a decent scatter of Irish head there. Certainly a good amount of Irish Reg cars there anyway last Sunday week.

AZOffaly

Here you go. Got it off the PagesJaunes (www.pagejaunes.fr) put in Pub under Quoi /Qui and Saint jeans de mont under Óu.

Pub Cunningham's
Coordonnées principales

85 av Mer 85160 SAINT JEAN DE MONTS 02 51 59 00 90

By the way, if all else fails, I got the Galway Leitrim game and the Hurling on Longwave 252 Radio.

guy crouchback

there is a pub called melanie's (or the english- irish bar it goes by both) in the old town that shows all the games and is allways good craic. the pub is just off the square and across the road from the newsagents. iome of the bigger campsites also show them and you can just walk in, le bois masion for example.

enjoy your trip to St Jean. make sure and visit St Giles-de-croix vie and la rochelle if you get a chance.

A Quinn Martin Production

Yes, I was there last year and Melanie's showed the Ulster Final.  The Dubs in the next caravan to us did see Dublin games in St Gilles-Croix De Vie as well, not sure where though.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Billys Boots

QuoteThe Dubs in the next caravan to us did see Dublin games in St Gilles-Croix De Vie

There are two sports bars on Quai de la Republique, I guess it was in one of them.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

There's an 'English' bar there that was showing the soccer (In Quai de la Republique). Maybe it was there?

Armaghtothebone

Lads

YOU ARE ALL STARS

Many many thanks for the info

Now all I need is an Armagh win

fred the red

Quote from: guy crouchback on June 25, 2008, 11:03:23 AM

enjoy your trip to St Jean. make sure and visit St Giles-de-croix vie and la rochelle if you get a chance.

That place was famous from the Encore Tricolour books in French at school!

I was sick hearing about the f**king place!!

dodo

Quote from: fred the red on June 25, 2008, 11:08:20 PM

Fifi was some tart in Tricolore 3

heganboy

Quote from: dodo on June 25, 2008, 11:41:36 PM
Quote from: fred the red on June 25, 2008, 11:08:20 PM

Fifi was some tart in Tricolore 3

ROFL- thats brilliant
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Lecale2

Billys Boots

QuoteThere are two sports bars on Quai de la Republique

Sorry, those bars are on Quai du Port Fidele, on the southside of the river!!

AZOffaly

Near the roundabout, up towards the 'Riviera'? Whatever that 'quai' is called :D

Billys Boots

Em, up near La Riviera, it's called (ahem) Quai de la Riviera.   :P