Ciarraí - All Ireland Football Champions - 06 & 07 (+ 33 other times that won't

Started by In the Onion Bag, June 21, 2008, 09:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Quote from Kerry Mic "Ciarraí - All Ireland Football Champions - 06 & 07 (+ 33 other times that won't fecking fit in here)"

Love that catch phrase.  Would also love to know how many of the 35 were won having only 1, 2 or max 3 difficult games?  I suspect the tally would be less than 10.  Would be a different story if Ciarrí had to battle their way out of Ulster or Leinster each year .

Ps Mike: 
How much for a donkey up to the Gap these days?  Hired a donkey there in 91 (ps: that was before puke football was introduced and also the year when Kerry managed a single point in the whole 2nd half of the AIF semi  - do you remember who scored it, yes Mr Puke himself?). Sorry, I digress, anyway 1/2 way to the Gap I made the mistake of allowing the beast to turn.  Nothing I could do would prevent it from making its own way back to its master where he duly told me "well you shouldn't have allowed him to turn.  Well trained, cute hoor donkeys you have down there.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWould also love to know how many of the 35 were won having only 1, 2 or max 3 difficult games?

Question is how many more of them would we have won if we didnt have half the team locked up in jail and the other half fighting against them in the 1920 and 1930's !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

jodyb

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 21, 2008, 09:44:44 PM
QuoteWould also love to know how many of the 35 were won having only 1, 2 or max 3 difficult games?

Question is how many more of them would we have won if we didnt have half the team locked up in jail and the other half fighting against them in the 1920 and 1930's !!

Thirties my ar$e!!! Yes farted about for a locha years and then patted eachother on the back for the next 75, while the gaels of ulster kept on the fight.
When paidi helped beat the H block protesters off the field in croker in '81, yes showed yer true colours. Not green and gold... Jus yella!! ;)

johnpower

Quote from: jodyb on June 21, 2008, 10:03:25 PM

Thirties my ar$e!!! Yes farted about for a locha years and then patted eachother on the back for the next 75, while the gaels of ulster kept on the fight.
When paidi helped beat the H block protesters off the field in croker in '81, yes showed yer true colours. Not green and gold... Jus yella!! ;)

Have ye stopped yet ?.
Thoes clowns he should have kicked them up the arse
Onion bag whats you point abolish the provincial championships ?.
What about our national league success's ?

In the Onion Bag

JP,
Just an observation on a catchy catch phrase.  What your point, I detect a hint of irritation?  Don't be so touchy.

Anyway what price if the donkey to the Gap this year?

jodyb

Quote from: johnpower on June 21, 2008, 10:07:35 PM

Have ye stopped yet ?.

I rest my case :)

johnpower

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 21, 2008, 10:26:30 PM
JP,
Just an observation on a catchy catch phrase.  What your point, I detect a hint of irritation?  Don't be so touchy.

Anyway what price if the donkey to the Gap this year?

No I am not irritated at all just think that the big debate about provincial championships will keep raising its ugly  head . With regards the Gap Prices maybe up this year as the locals may well be using the service as they wont be going to Dublin

johnpower

Quote from: jodyb on June 21, 2008, 10:31:44 PM
Quote from: johnpower on June 21, 2008, 10:07:35 PM

Have ye stopped yet ?.

I rest my case :)

Where did you rest it ?, Some where warm and dry I hope

In the Onion Bag

Quote from Kerry Mike
"Question is how many more of them would we have won if we didnt have half the team locked up in jail and the other half fighting against them in the 1920 and 1930's !!"

Mike! Think you have been watching too many repeats of the "Wind that Shakes the Barley" and anyway, they were Cork Men.

johnpower

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 21, 2008, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from Kerry Mike
"Question is how many more of them would we have won if we didnt have half the team locked up in jail and the other half fighting against them in the 1920 and 1930's !!"

Mike! Think you have been watching too many repeats of the "Wind that Shakes the Barley" and anyway, they were Cork Men.

They were fighting there own county men .Actually it is a great story of how the team united after the civil war .
There is also the All Ireland that was given up due to a strike about train conditions for supporters .

In the Onion Bag

JP-
Stop that aul serious crap, its not good for your heart. 
Anyway, what I want to know is how do you turn a stubborn Kerry donkey?  I'm going to the Gap in 2 weeks. 

jodyb

Quote from: johnpower on June 21, 2008, 10:41:50 PM
Quote from Kerry Mike

They were fighting there own county men .Actually it is a great story of how the team united after the civil war .
There is also the All Ireland that was given up due to a strike about train conditions for supporters .
John, methinks you're happy to talk the politics of the 'Good Old' IRA, having tried to discredit and belittle the sacrifices of the young gaels from Derry, Tyrone, Armagh and Antrim who starved to death for justice. Several of them GAA members as true as the 'United' team you talk about. I wouldn bring politics or history into the GAA side of the board, but i did in direct response as a tease to K Mike who opened the subject matter.

Your glorifiction of the kerry men twinned with the villification of the '81 martyrs suggest to me that you have some rose tinted notion of the conflict in kerry. They weren't too unified when they blew up their brothers and cousins in Ballyseedy 

johnpower

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 21, 2008, 10:48:12 PM
JP-
Stop that aul serious crap, its not good for your heart. 
Anyway, what I want to know is how do you turn a stubborn Kerry donkey?  I'm going to the Gap in 2 weeks. 

Alas the donkeys are gone due to their carbon footprint to be replaced by slim line fuel efficient ponies . The best way to see the gap is in the comfort of your own car .

Oh don't worry I don't take this one bit serious its only gaadiscussion.com if it was greyhoundsdiscussion.com then I might be a bit serious

johnpower

Quote from: jodyb on June 21, 2008, 11:00:32 PM
Quote from Kerry Mike

John, methinks you're happy to talk the politics of the 'Good Old' IRA, having tried to discredit and belittle the sacrifices of the young gaels from Derry, Tyrone, Armagh and Antrim who starved to death for justice. Several of them GAA members as true as the 'United' team you talk about. I wouldn bring politics or history into the GAA side of the board, but i did in direct response as a tease to K Mike who opened the subject matter.

Your glorifiction of the kerry men twinned with the villification of the '81 martyrs suggest to me that you have some rose tinted notion of the conflict in kerry. They weren't too unified when they blew up their brothers and cousins in Ballyseedy 

Far too much for poor old me to understand .chill out

jodyb

Quote from: johnpower on June 21, 2008, 11:09:33 PM
Quote from: jodyb on June 21, 2008, 11:00:32 PM
Quote from Kerry Mike

Far too much for poor old me to understand .chill out
Agreed. Not the time or the place. (But for nothing other than historical interest, you should check out the ballyseedy massacre........if you happen to feel so inclined.)