NFL Fantasy Football 2008/09

Started by fntn, June 21, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombidal

*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

BallyhaiseMan

You fecker Puck,
You've done nothing all year except beat me twice, and maybe just cost me a Playoff place.  >:(   :P

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 10, 2008, 10:03:24 AM
He definitely fielded a weakened side, and it looks intentional. My question is why? And it's hard to guess motives unless he knows Gabs brother and he was trying to help him into the playoffs. Wobbler, are you around??

I think, in the interests of fairness, I might make an executive decision (That hurts me as well as the other 9-5 teams) and lock wobblers roster for the game against the The Helmets, unless Wobbler can come and make a logical explanation.

Cheers

any word from the wobbler , jeez if i had warner all year i'd definatley have defended my title   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

No word from wobbler. I'll give him until tomorrow afternoon.

ONeill

This is very exciting. Noticed he was online. He's concocting one hell of a story about some boy with no legs/charity tale.

Hold strong lads, don't fall for it!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the onion bag

It definitely smacked of throwing the game and I thought I'd ask the question since I'm not the only one it affected. But, I'm sure karmic justice will take effect between now and Sunday  :D

Puckoon

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 10, 2008, 03:09:17 PM
You fecker Puck,
You've done nothing all year except beat me twice, and maybe just cost me a Playoff place.  >:(   :P

I realised Id to pick and choose my battles. Remember - I dont have to out run the bear - I only have to out run you! ;)

AZOffaly

Hi All,

I have not heard back from Wobbler, so I have taken the following action.

1. I have reset his team lineup as close as possible to the lineout he fielded in Week 14. (Commish Tools allows me to do this)
2. I have locked his roster, so he cannot change it back.

I've emailed him from the league, as well as posting here, but he hasn't come back to me, which leads me to believe that it was indeed a 'thrown' game in Week 14.

I cannot prove any of this, nor can I prove that Brett's Jets were involved. (If I could, I would set his roster to all on the bench for this week).

So, in the interests of fairness to his opponent in Week 15, who is tied with Brett's Jets on 9-5, I have tried to level the playing field. I also recognise that this potentially penalise the winner of my game versus the Ballyhaise Broncos, but I can't really see any other way of doing it.

Just for the record, here is wobblers Week 13 team.

QB   Kurt Warner (Ari - QB)    
WR   James Hardy (Buf - WR)   
WR   Justin Gage (Ten - WR)    
RB   Marshawn Lynch (Buf - RB)    
RB   Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)    
TE   Donald Lee (GB - TE)    
W/R   Felix JonesIR (Dal - RB)
K   Ryan Longwell (Min - K)
DEF   Indianapolis (Ind - DEF)
DB   Dante Hughes (Ind - DB)   
DB   Hamza Abdullah (Cle - DB)   
DL   C.J. Ah YouNA (StL - DL)   
DL   Ahmad Brooks (SF - DL)

In contrast, this was his week 14 team

QB     
--empty--
WR    James Hardy
WR    Justin Gage
RB    Michael Bush
RB    Tatum Bell
TE    Donald Lee
W/R    Felix Jones
K    Ryan Longwell
DEF    Indianapolis
DB    Dante Hughes
DB    Hamza Abdullah
DL    C.J. Ah You
DL    Ahmad Brooks

the Deel Rover

fair play Az there was something up allright sure why would you not play Your Qb
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

And why 'rest' Marshawn Lynch and Chris Johnson, for Michael Bush and Tatum Bell?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossie11

Quotefair play Az there was something up allright sure why would you not play Your Qb
Bit like Mayo dropping Ciaran Mac.. oh hang on..  :P

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on December 12, 2008, 12:13:03 PM
Quotefair play Az there was something up allright sure why would you not play Your Qb
Bit like Mayo dropping Ciaran Mac.. oh hang on..  :P

:D :D good man rossie at least johnno replaced mc the wobbler just couldn't be arsed  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Jaysus. At least your alive, I was worried there for a while. I thought you'd be kicking and screaming. Even if you said you were trying to teach your 1-12 bunch a harsh lesson I'd have given you some credit for a good lie at least :D