NFL Fantasy Football 2008/09

Started by fntn, June 21, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

It's set up for a rip roaring climax in the Payton Conference anyway.

Still only 1 team automatically through (The Crossmaglen Hitmen), and they play second place The Knees in the last game. If they win that, the knees could well drop to 3rd or 4th seed, or even, at a major stretch, out of playoff contention completely.

4 teams are currently tied on 9-5 aiming for the last 2 playoff spots. At the moment, on points totals, the Red Hand Helmets are in 3rd place, and facing the 1-13 wobbers in the last game, so they should win that for a 10-5 final record.

4th place (Faithful Turfmen 'B') faces off against 5th place (Ballyhaise Broncos) in a winner takes all clash, essentially the first round of the playoffs for both teams.

6th place Brett's Jets will have to beat the 5-9 Mother Puckers, put up a big score, and either hope to overtake the winner of the 4th v 5th game on points (unlikely), or else hope that the wobbler can shock the Helmets.

A win for the wobbler, combined with a win for the Brett's Jets would drop the Helmets from 3rd to 5th or 6th. The winners of the Turfmen and Broncos will be 3rd or 4th, with the loser 5th or 6th.

Exciting times next week.

AZOffaly

Not quite as close in the Montana conference, but still a nailbiting final week.

At the moment the Galway Bay Tribesmen (13-1), Chargers Abu (11-3) and the Ruthless Rossies (10-4) have all clinched playoffs, and with points tallied, that will probably be the 1 and 2 seeds as well. Ruthless Rossie is not absolutely sure of 3rd seed yet.

In 4th place at the moment is Jack City on 9-5, but the Royal Badgers dropped a game in week 14, which puts them in 6th at 8-6, leapfrogged on points by the 8-6 Broken Legs. O'Neill's Chargers are also on 8-6 at the moment, and everyone else is officially eliminated thanks to JAck City's win.

In the last week, two 8-6 teams go head to head, The O'Neill's Chargers and Broken Legs. One of these teams will go to 9-6, while Jack City plays the Curragh Rams (7-7) trying to clinch. A low scoring defeat there, combined with a high scoring win for the Chargers, Legs or Royal Badgers (who play the #1 seed Galway Bay Tribesmen) would put the Jack City playoff spot in danger, but in all honesty, it's hard to see a combination of factors dramatic enough to drop Jack City out of the 4 spot.

the Deel Rover

*1. Crossmaglen Hitmen 11-3-0 .786 1403.27   
2. the knee grows 10-4-0 .714 1470.71 
3. Red Hand Helmets 9-5-0 .643 1609.67
4. Faithful Turfmen B 9-5-0 .643 1535.88
5. BallyhaiseBroncos 9-5-0 .643 1435.55 
6. Brett's Jets 9-5-0 .643 1358.41   
7. Mayo Mafiosi 8-6-0 .571 1462.96 
8. L'Esprit de Biff 7-7-0 .500 1316.76
9. Sexy Wrecksy 6-8-0 .429 1461.58 
10. New York Jets II 5-9-0 .357 1309.77 
11. Mother Puckers 5-9-0 .357 1202.40
12. North Antrim Nuggets 5-9-0 .357 1197.49 
13. mayo warriors 4-10-0 .286 1330.93 W-1 10 29
14. thewobbler 1-13-0 .071 903.68 L-8 2 -

Heres the payton conference foy ye lads for a change i had a win this week against the top team picked up matt schaub as a free agaent last week and he got me 29 points de angelo williams who has been brilliant for me all year also got 26 points in last nights win , got my hightest total ever with 159 points but its all happened a bit too late. I'd hate to see  the knee grows miss out on a play off spot  :P :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 09, 2008, 10:13:19 AM

it's hard to see a combination of factors dramatic enough to drop Jack City out of the 4 spot.

For the Legs to get in at Jack City's expense i gotta hope he loses and i outscore him by about 80 points...

mc_grens

I think I'll be ok. Been scoring very well since the Eagles went back to Westbrook. My 3 headed running back Monster (Westbrook, Slaton, Forte) has a nice run in, so I reckon I'm a dangerous a 4 seed!

Dinny Breen

QuoteFor the Legs to get in at Jack City's expense i gotta hope he loses and i outscore him by about 80 points...

I'll do my part for you, the Rams will win....
#newbridgeornowhere

mc_grens

I don't think so. Jack City by 15!  :P

declan85

Quote from: mc_grens on December 09, 2008, 10:47:43 AM
I don't think so. Jack City by 15!  :P

Need your guys to get a bout of sickness. Its only 70 points, much more managable...

bombidal

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 09, 2008, 10:21:29 AM

I'd hate to see  the knee grows miss out on a play off spot  :P :D

im a sure thing to be in the play-offs my friend unlike some
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

the onion bag

Perhaps I'm being slightly cynical because I have to play him this weekend, but I call shenanigans on 'thewobbler'.

Leaving out Kurt Warner, Chris Johnston and Marshawn Lynch last week, and what's particularly galling is not actually starting any QB when Warner has played every other week from early on and would have won him last weeks game.

I also don't recall making a single move all season until today.

the Deel Rover

Thats a strange one all right ob why would any one not start their  qb
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Hmmm. That's puzzling alright. It certainly smacks of 'throwing' the game, but why would he do that? He was playing Brett's Jets, who if I recall correctly is Gab Hurls brother, so unless there is some collusion that can be proved?

the Deel Rover

and he benched his highest scoring running back  ???  someone hardly has 2 teams in the one league ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

He definitely fielded a weakened side, and it looks intentional. My question is why? And it's hard to guess motives unless he knows Gabs brother and he was trying to help him into the playoffs. Wobbler, are you around??

I think, in the interests of fairness, I might make an executive decision (That hurts me as well as the other 9-5 teams) and lock wobblers roster for the game against the The Helmets, unless Wobbler can come and make a logical explanation.

Cheers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 10, 2008, 10:03:24 AM
He definitely fielded a weakened side, and it looks intentional. My question is why? And it's hard to guess motives unless he knows Gabs brother and he was trying to help him into the playoffs. Wobbler, are you around??

I think, in the interests of fairness, I might make an executive decision (That hurts me as well as the other 9-5 teams) and lock wobblers roster for the game against the The Helmets, unless Wobbler can come and make a logical explanation.

Cheers

as the ob said the wobbler has done feck all with his team till this week so it is a strange one, some one check with paddy powers maybe bigfrank has put a ball of money on the wobbler to win  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers